Hairy Scary Shrooms

Mya

A couple of months ago I bough a piece of rock that had these lil brownish green shrooms all over it along with some lil white ones as well. The LFS guy told me... oh those are hairy mushrooms... (He never actually saw them btw) The shrooms were fine and doing there thing but I noticed they were thinning out. Where the others were going? Iunno. The shrooms that were left tho started to grow... and grow big.. They are about the height of a credit card all the way around.

I started out with a couple white ones along with some brown/green ones... but now only have 3... Things were fine and dandy.. then one day.. there was only 2... Today I was watching the one on the right kinda be crinkly and not lay out fat... walked by the tank 5 min later.. and now hes gone! I found him tho.. kinda crinkled up in a little ball down near the bottom... I put in a plastic bowl to keep him kinda sorta contained and lil rock to hold the bowl down...

Now the question.. What the crap?!?! What is up with my shrooms? Is this common? Why are they letting go of there rocks and skipping town on me? Does this mean he's wanting to split or something? Is he dying? Should I take him out?

Never had shrooms before and no idea what is typical of them. Any insight and ideas would be great.

Mya

I tried to post some pics but it wouldnt let me...

Let me take one of the happy shroom and use imageshack to host it up.. moment..

Mya

Thats at the very top closest to the lights. Been there for months.. now why suddenly .. unattach and leave?

Are they sick? Dying? Splitting? Anyone ever had these types of shrooms before?

jnohs

and if they r moving quick i woukld check water parameters and if you dont have test kits then just do a large water change.

Mya

They don't move quick. They just suddenly... let go and float off.. or sink off I should say.

He's still chilling in his bowl.
I know my water is off.. Im over due on a change and ... uh, kinda can't do one atm.. ugh! But Im gonna try to get one knocked out as soon as I can.. and then hopefully he grabs a hold of that lil rock in the bowl with him...