Search results

1. themanthelegond

New photos of tank.

The best thing to happen to it was me keeping my hands out of it for about year. Its been a while, The Light bulbs were replaced and I had the camera out, so figured i could snap a few shots. I know everyone here likes pictures so we wanted to share. tank is about 3 years old and needs a...
  2. themanthelegond

What would happen if a duck finds a goose nest?(PICS)

This happened in the parking lot at work. Seemed like a an epic fight for the goose and duck. the brawl lasted about 15 mins or so. Duck finds nest. Mrs goose warns duck to leave. Duck does not heed warning and Mr Goose attacks! Mr Duck does not back down...
  3. themanthelegond

Growth pics of green pocillopora (normal growth?)

so this is almost one years growth from a pocillopora frag. Does this seem like the everage growth? went from 1 inch frag to a 3 inch.
  4. themanthelegond

can one use Hair algae in the refugium?

I have been fighting HA in my display for a few months now. I seem to be winning. but, while I was cleaning some of my rocks of HA I had a thought of placing some rocks that are infested with HA in the fuge. My thought is that since HA grows so well under the minimal reqiurements, why not use...
  5. themanthelegond

Front glass protector (plastic laminating stuff?)

I remember reading a while back people putting clear plastic on their tanks like they do for the front end of cars to prevent the glass from totally failing if broken. Is there anyone that still has theirs on? if it worked out well what did you use? I have three kids that, well they scare the...
  6. themanthelegond

How do i catch a smart fire clown?

So the title says it all. this bugger is fast smart and now it is terrified of the mean green net! I tried when he is sleeping. I tried herding him into a corner. I even tried a clear container. I know the net can hurt the spines on his gills so I would like to avoid that. but if necc I will...
  7. themanthelegond

brown algae building up in my fuge.

I have been having a problem with brown algae building up on the sides of my fuge and on the chaetomorpha (sp?), it is kinda brownish slimish looking algae. There are two mini powerheads in there that causes the macro to tumble from time to time and there is turbulence on the surface from the...
  8. themanthelegond

Canopy weight, how much can my 125 hold up?

I was doing some maint and realized my old canopy is heavy! I was wondering how much an ALL-GLASS 125 RR tank can hold without concern? my guess on the canopy on there now is 60-70lbs. I could be way off but it needs two people to lift it off. its oak frame with 1/4 inch oak skin. looks like the...
  9. themanthelegond

cant remember this SPS corals name.

I lost a nice frag when fighting my HA aoutbreak. I see a piece of my favorite lost frag growing on a piece of liverock now!!:woohoo: This is a picture of the main piece that died. I am trying to make a list of all the coral names and info in the tank. Does anyone know what kind of coral it is?
  10. themanthelegond

Mandarin finally posed for a shot

To bad i had to use a high ISO or it would have been a really sweet shot. (to much noise) Just wanted to share it. The mandarin is about 6 months in the tank and is growing and plumping up nicely :shades:
  11. themanthelegond

Changed my rockscape. questions about flow

I recently had a hair algae bloom that has been growing everywhere! I was lazy/busy with family and did not do any water changes or tank maint for two or more months. :surrender: So I took the time and scrubbed each rock and rinsed it with RO/DI and the right into tank water in a bucket. I...
  12. themanthelegond

worms in my Chaetomorpha, look like cucumbers

I got some new Chaetomorpha from the store and i see it has these worms all over it. I hope thisis not a bad HH. I googled a bunch of different things i could think of and could not find any that looked like these. look kinda a CUK to me but i am not sure. they are between 1/2 inch to 2 inches...
  13. themanthelegond

snail laying eggs

I just found this snail making snail eggs. I cant remember the name but it is pretty cool! Just wanted to share the picture :apimp:
  14. themanthelegond

Are macro bellows worth buying?

I have a Nikon D60 and I really enjoy taking macro shots. the only problem is the cost of macro lenses. I know I am probably sacraficing something by using the Macro bellows. but it has to be an improvement to using screw on macro filters. So What are the cons of using macro bellows?
  15. themanthelegond

Some pictures I took with my new tripod.

some pictures i took while messing with my camera learning the Depth of focus.
  16. themanthelegond

DIY fluidized reactor size question

I just got my hands on some free 1.5" ID acrylic tubing. Would this be to small of a diameter to fluidize rowaphos? The tube is about 8 feet long so i can make any lenght necc. It would be connecting to a 135 gallon system. I figured i would try free before buying a reactor.
  17. themanthelegond

anyone have an alveopora sp coral?

well i bought one of these this weekend at the LFS. The is conflicting info on the net about these that i did not see until i bought it. some sites say it is a novice type coral while others say it is harder to keep like its cousin the goniopora. It seems to be somewhat photosynthetic. anyone...
  18. themanthelegond

Is this regal eating to much?

I was going through my pictures and found this one. Can a marine fish eat to much? He is such a pig! if i put an algae clip in he will tear at it until it is gone then pic at the little pieces sticking out at the edges. the yellow tang just seems to get the scraps which is allot because the...
  19. themanthelegond

What kind of SPS is this?

I bought this about a month ago, now it os bleached out and i cant remember what it was called. I want to get another one but I want to be sure I place it right and aclimate it properly next time. it was doing great for about two three weeks encrusting on the rock and then it slowly bleached...
  20. themanthelegond

My trumpets have a sponge or something on it

This stuff has been growing up the stalk of the coral. there is the yellow stuff looks like mold with the dark circle on it and then there is a white sponge like a ring around the base of the other one. should I worry about this or leave it?