Changed my rockscape. questions about flow

I recently had a hair algae bloom that has been growing everywhere! I was lazy/busy with family and did not do any water changes or tank maint for two or more months. :surrender:

So I took the time and scrubbed each rock and rinsed it with RO/DI and the right into tank water in a bucket. I also took advantage and swapped the sump out with a new one i had built a while ago. I love the new sump and clean rocks! I now am going through part if not all of the cycle again.

I changed the aquascape around from last time and built a shelf for the rocks to sit on. I am hoping that this will allow for me to keep Detrius (sp) from collecting in the sand under the rocks. So in theory I can take a weak powerhead to the sand under the shelf and the rocks during maint to get the stuff into the water colum where my filter socks will catch some and whats left will feed the corals a little or settle again. does this look like it will work? also how does it look? What should i do to create good flow under and over the rocks? i am not sure i like the way it looks but i like the idea. any advice or opinions is appreciated.

This is the rockwork. the PVC showing will be covered once the portland cement pieces i made have cured.
4151292446_97a36bdc85_b.jpg

The Tangs seem to be way more friendly now that they have better hiding places.

This is the "lagoon" area where the LPS seem to like it.
4150531449_441bc612e8_b.jpg

tnwillia

Looks real good, you need the flow thru the upper rocks as well if you didn't already do it. Might think of another korilia on other side at a little different angle but still pushing the crud out from under. Best would be add MP-40 Vortech if you can. Good luck!

sambrinar

Wow looks great!! yea I would put at least 2 powerheads pointing at each other under there.. hopefully you wont have a sand storm

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looks good! I plan to do my rock work in a similar fashion once I get to that point.

So get like 2 K1s and point them at each other under the rocks? I like the idea of that because it would hide the power heads. My only concern would be doing maint on the power heads and sand storms.

The other option to have a PH point under the rocks sounds like a sound plan, but being able to see the PH on the side glass is a big turnoff.

I also was thinking about running a T off the return and having tubes run down there to provide the flow. with siphon breaks in the lines of course.

The last one seems to be the likely choice. any thoughts or Ideas?

Anyone have a setup like one of these?