Search results

1. BigJay

OT facebook users beware

NASTY virus going around facebook right now. My wife got it on her netbook last night. Was a message from a friend that included a blog link. Spent 15 hours trying to remove the virus and finally had to reformat and reinstall the OS(confirmed only solution by multiple virus resolution...
  2. BigJay

My favia has declared war

I've noticed my favia displaying tentacles more then usual lately so I've been keeping an eye on it. I thought perhaps its cause it was in the upper area of the tank and getting more flow but finally today I spotted the truth. If you notice in the pictures its only displaying long sweepers in...
  3. BigJay

O/T Challenge

About 5 years ago I suffered a serious back injury , since then I've sat around stacking on nearly 90 pounds. On a trip to the doctor in June I weighed in at 347 pounds (I'm 6'3). I went home really thinking about the example I am setting for my 5 year old and the outlook on my life expectancy...
  4. BigJay

MH vs. T5, my experience

All the tanks I've ever had in this hobby I've talked myself out of halides. I've been running my 90 Oceanic bowfront (48" wide and 28" from light to top of substrate) with a Nova Extreme pro 6 x 54w T5 for about 1.5 years. Finally I decided to switch to Halides. Growth has been explosive...
  5. BigJay

WTB: 36" 2 x 150 halide

looking for a 36" sunpod or equivalent 2 x 150 halide. Preferably halide only but will consider any fixture.
  6. BigJay

petcO's dollar sale

Its on again the petco dollar per gallon sale. last couple years it was just 10 and 20 gallons. this year its 10 20 40breeder and 55's.
  7. BigJay

another wild caught mandarin bites the dust

when moving my tank I took in tons of corals and ended up with toooo much store credits so I picked up a very large and healthy looking mandarin. My blue hippo tang hated him and after about 2 weeks he succumb to what I can only guess is starvation. I did entice him to eat a few times with live...
  8. BigJay

deep water anglers

Did anyone catch the animal planets most extreme on Angler fish? I consider myself someone educated on the seas but was flabergasted that I had never heard of how the angler breeds. The very tiny male born without a stomach bites and attaches to the side of a female where it then fuses to the...
  9. BigJay

Free dropper - thank a staff member

Take a minute to make a post thanking the staff or tell them why you appreciate what they do and on March 15th I'll draw a name from all the posts and send you one of my pyrex droppers in the length of your choosing absolutely free. I feel like I've gotten very lucky to get to know some of...
  10. BigJay

no feed reef with fish, possible?

So I hate feeding my fish (still love feeding my corals). Its not a lazy thing , its the fact I know everything going in I need to get out or its going to cause nuiscance algae , bacteria , snails, aiptasia, sponges whatever! So I had something take out several of my fish , 2 clowns , a...
  11. BigJay

free feeder for special needs

to date I've given away about 15 to 20 droppers to members of the forum. Due to overwhelming support by RS members I continually feel I want to give back. Well its Christmas time and I want to give another dropper away. This time however I would like to give a dropper to a special needs...
  12. BigJay

shaft for coralife skimmer 125

anybody know a good place to score an impeller shaft for the coralife skimmer 125? All I can find is complete impeller replacement and pump replacement. Its a ceramic shaft so if anyone knows a replacement shaft from anther pump in stainless that will work, fill me in. Thanks.
  13. BigJay

WTB: aiptasia eating nudi's

Anyone have any? 4 - 6 shipped to 34117.
  14. BigJay

***Freebie cause this forum rocks***

Since this forum has shown me overwhelming support I'd like to offer up a free dropper to someone. All I want is you to respond to this post and tell me how you get your friends or family involved in your hobby of loving things that live in water. I have not decided how I'll pick a winner...
  15. BigJay

Tropic marin pro reef/pet solutions free ship

Just a heads up for those of you using this salt or any other, petsolutions.com has a coupon for free shipping over $100 and their price on Tropic Marin pro reef salt is the lowest I've found($79.99)... coupon code is 100twitter . You'll have to add a few things to get it over $100 but I'd...
  16. BigJay

aiptasia removers and xenia

Does anyone know if any of the aiptasia killers will work on xenia? I had removed some white pom pom from a rock with some SPS on it. I thought I had removed all the tissue but noticed this morning dozens of new xenia sprouting out of that area. I have heard aiptasia X will work on mushrooms so...
  17. BigJay

Paphai

Point A Power Head At It is becoming my new philosiphy towards reefing. Almost every problem I've encountered to date seems to be solved by this. First I should preface I am beginning to believe my original desire for a couple extremely powerful powerheads is being replaced with the desire for...
  18. BigJay

marine depot

gotta give them credit. I ordered a few T5 bulbs for my main tank and a replacement PC bulb for my fuge. My fuge is such a bear to change the light I didn't even open that bulb. Today I finally sucked it up to changed the bulb took the whole fuge apart and then found out the end was broken off...
  19. BigJay

sweet pair of clowns

me likey Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Amphiprion ocellaris
  20. BigJay

aiptasiaX did it work for u?

I bought some last week since I had a few come in on a large zoanthid colony and I noticed they were already starting to spread. Seemed to do exactly as advertised and didn't see the nems for about 1 week, then last night I noticed most if not all were back out. I definetly covered the nem...