Search results

1. C

FS: Wave Point 48" 4 x T5 54W fixture

I have a one year old Wave Point 48" 4x T5 x 54w fixture for sale for $100 + actual shipping charges via your choice of carrier. I received this lighting fixture from Marine Depot on 12/31/09, so it's as close to one year old as you can get. Two of the bulbs seem to be relatively decent, the...
  2. C

WTB: ATI Pro Color 4', 54w T5 bulbs

Apparently ATI has discontinued these bulbs (at least in the 48", 54w configuration), and I really like the way these bulbs bring out the reds. So I'm interested in buying a few. Please contact me if you're willing to part with any that are unused or nearly so.
  3. C

Best test for iodine?

I'm thinking of dosing my tank with iodine to promote coralline algae growth; however I know to do this I'll need to test for iodine concentration. What test is most accurate for testing these levels?
  4. C

API Phosphate Test Color Comparison chart

Does anyone have a scan available of the saltwater test comparison chart for the API phosphate test kit? I just brought this kit home and it has a freshwater chart, but not a saltwater comparison chart.
  5. C

Please recommend some T5 bulbs

I will be setting up a 29 gallon low hex tank for reef. I have a 4x25w T5 fixture and was interested in obtaining some recommendations for bulbs for it. Some possible plans I have for this include metallic corals and a bubble-tipped anemone (entacmaea quadricolor), and am especially interested...
  6. C

Hurricane Ike killed my tank - is the rock salvagable?

I had to evacuate my home a week ago due to Hurricane Ike, and the place I moved my reef tank to (which was supposed to have generator power) lost power, killing off the fish, coral and rock in my tank. Can I safely salvage the rock and live sand? Or am I better off pitching everything and...
  7. C

Unexpected problem in my tank

I have a well-established 29 gallon reef tank with several corals (predominant is a very large xenia colony) and several small fish. I have had the tank set up since June (it was already well-established at that time), and have noticed that my pH levels have tended to drop markedly over time...
  8. C

Please recommend a test kit...

I've just gotten back into the hobby and acquired a 29 gallon reef tank. Can you recommend a comprehensive test kit that will not bankrupt me that can accurately test for all the major reef parameters? I'm thinking at a minimum, I'll need a kit that can handle: pH Nitrate Iodine...
  9. C

How do I increase the copepod population?

I've just acquired an established reef tank and after several 3 am tank checks I've come to the conclusion that there are few, if any, copepods in the tank. I'm reluctant to add any more live rock to this tank and am wondering if there is any way to increase the copepod population? There are...
  10. C

What is this stuff?

I've just acquired a 29 gallon reef tank (already established) and have a major abundance of an algae I cannot identify. I've enclosed a picture below. It ranges from a pale purple (nearly white) to a deep purple. Can anyone assist me in identifying this algae and let me know whether it is...