Search results

1. NCguy

Best Mp40 mode for a SPS tank

I don't know what the best flow mode for "optimum" growth would be but I run both of mine in sync and they are running at about 80% max speed. I have them on the ends across from each other with one slightly lower than the other to create a swirl effect. I don't seem to have any dead spots in...
  2. NCguy

Critter ID

Then feed it and you'll be "blessed" with a BUNCH of little cool ones in no time at all. :D ....uhhh not that I did that years ago before I found out that they were bad. :)
  3. NCguy

Sump water level, reduces fast!!

I don't know how big your system is but mine evaporates between 4 or 5 gallons everyday.
  4. NCguy

Hello from NC

Welcome to RS. I'm in the Greensboro area,just south of what's her name in Raleigh :LOL: :D
  5. NCguy

Got a tank today

I think you're doing the right thing by keeping the tank. Obviously your husband was trying to do something nice for you and like you said,he was probably proud to be able to get it for you.I don't even know you but you're a good person in my book for giving this a shot and not just hurting his...
  6. NCguy

vortech or tunze

You can sync 2 MP40w. :D Plenty of flow too. :thumbup:
  7. NCguy

Newtek Timer

I've got a small appliance timer like this one.. Lamp and Appliance Timer plugged into one of the white outlets that are always on.That way the appliance timer can control the actinics for as long or short as you need. I thought I controlled the two blues separately but I don't.Hope this...
  8. NCguy

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

Probably a brittle star hitchhiker. :olsmile:
  9. NCguy

Help Please!!! Coral ID

Both have those feeders to help pull food into the mouth in the center. Micros are small like dime sized and smaller.Acans are like nickel to quarter sized.
  10. NCguy

Help Please!!! Coral ID

I agree or Micromussa.
  11. NCguy

Newtek Timer

If nobody else chimes in I'll look at mine again when I get home and help ya out.
  12. NCguy

Quentin and Shell's JBJ 28

OMG!!!!!! Stop what you are doing right now and get this out of your tank!!!!!!!!!!! It will completely ruin the entire tank!!!!!!!! ....ok just kidding it's a harmless Bristleworm. :bouncer: Nice setup you have there. :olsmile:
  13. NCguy

Newtek Timer

The white outlets are "always on" outlets. The blues are considered "day time" and the yellow considered "night time". The blues and yellows will work by alternating,blue is "on" while yellow is "off".If you want to run your actinics along with your halides,you'll have to program one of the...
  14. NCguy

Wtb /rbta

372 W. Old Country Road Hicksville, NY 11801 (516) 433-0988
  15. NCguy

Skimmer Acting Wierd

Yeah just keep an eye on it.Once it gets a thin slime coat inside the skimmer,you'll see a difference in the skimmate.
  16. NCguy

RO Water and Tap Water?

I don't trust the machines at the grocery stores because who knows when they change their filters... If I'm not mistaking distilled water has all of the chemicals removed from it so it should be fine.Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in on this. If you have to use the store bought...
  17. NCguy

Skimmer Acting Wierd

If it's new I would honestly keep the stand pipe open (i believe the asm has one)for at least a few days or longer until you can see that it is producing some darker skimmate.Then you can close the pipe some to allow the bubbles to rise high enough to enter the collection cup. If you have this...
  18. NCguy

Skimmer Acting Wierd

Did you stick your hand in the tank? Or did you just feed the fish? These things can cause a skimmer to go crazy and wet skim.
  19. NCguy

RO Water and Tap Water?

Ok good,I'm glad it wasn't just RO water. :thumbup: If you don't get it going before you have to leave,then I wouldn't worry about trying to fill the sump until you get back. You can just put a powerhead in the tank with a heater and it can hold until you can get eveything else going.
  20. NCguy

Skimmer Acting Wierd

What kind of skimmer is it? Your skimmer is just going through a break-in process and it is wet skimming right now. You need to make sure that you have everything like gate valves or stand pipes fully open for a couple of weeks until it slimes up a little.We can help you more after we know which...