Search results

1. chrome91

this makes no sense

figured i should check my 125g one last time tonight, water level in the main tank was literally less than a hairs width from flooding, water was creeping on the black trim even. The overflow on the tank is the TOM one with the aqualifter, and it can handle a return of max 1000gph. my sump...
  2. chrome91

pretty cool

i havent hand a anemone in a couple of years, and today i got a good deal on a large long tentacle for my 125g. the only 2 fish in my 125g that would host in the anemone are a ocellaris and tomato clownfish, but i thought they would probably ignore the anemone. anemone has only been in the...
  3. chrome91

TOM rapids overflow

anyone use one before? the overflow on my 125g is old and getting it to stay together and not pull air into the U-tube is a pain, its time for a new one. I can get the TOM rapids for about half the price other retailers have it for, $80 new, and i was just wondering what everyone thinks of it...
  4. chrome91

Electrical experts...

this is gonna be a headache. lol to start, this morning i went to fire up my 250w MH/2x65w PC. ballast made a noise then nothing happened and it didnt fire up. after, i could flick the switch and it did nothing store said it could be the switch, and if i wanted a replacement ballast, IceCap...
  5. chrome91

busted bulb?

my halides fired up fine on my 125g this morning, but 2 hours later i checked on my tanks and my 150w halide was not puting out light and was making a clicking noise i took it to a LFS, and when they fired it up the bulb lit for 2 seconds, then it killed off and a poof of smoke flew out of...
  6. chrome91

5.5g nano reef

neat tank. had it running a year ago. everything in it was purchased new, and barely used. stats- 5.5g hagen tank 2x8w T-5 light (wicked light) Hydor Koralia 1 powerhead all-glass 50w heater 7lbs live rock (was cured, but left it in a bucket dry so it needs re-curing) 8lbs of aragonite...
  7. chrome91

black damsels

pointless question, but has anyone actually had one thats not aggressive? when i picked up the first few fish for my 125g, i thought they looked like damsels at the store, but the guy said they were chromis. the guy has always given me good advice so i got them i posted up some pics for a ID...
  8. chrome91

cranky toadstool

hes not happy for some reason. lol. ive had him for 8-9 months and hes about 8" wide fully opened. in my old 55g, he liked being placed right under my 150w metal halide in the sand. when i moved my 55g to a 125g a couple of months ago, i made sure he was placed in the sand in the same place...
  9. chrome91

fluval FX5

Any idea how this happened? this morning, i turned on my reefs lights and 90g freshwaters lights. everything fired up and was running. i went back down in the basement within half a hour, and it was pitch black down there. i got a extension cord and plugged it in upstairs where there was still...
  10. chrome91

wet/dry

found this wet dry on a local ad, guy said its worth quite a bit. its a amiracle wed/dry. the guy said everything works but theres no pump http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i9/01/k/000/7c/83/a05a_20.JPG?set_id=1C4000 how do i know what GPH rating return pump i need?:updown:
  11. chrome91

tanks for sale in edmonton

Im combining all of my saltwater tanks into a 150g saturday and tearing down a few freshwater tanks so i will only have my 10g toad tank, 90g south american tank, and the 150g. ive got 55g breeder (36" long, 18" wide) with 1/4" thick glass, back panel is painted with krylon fusion, but its a...
  12. chrome91

upgrade alert ;)

My parents said since ive never done drugs or smoked i get a free tank at their expense. they already gave me a car for not getting high til i was 18 but its paying off more:angel1:. Im taking my standard 55g down, 55g breeder down, 15g long, and 10g for a 150g. 55g's stock will be transferred...
  13. chrome91

just had to rub this in

just had to:dance: reef store here had a major sale on stuff, last weekend picked up a 36" 2x96wPC coralife with moonlights for $70 reg $329. today, brand spankin new Aquamedic biostar skimmer, $249.99 for $40:spinner: my 55g mantis tank that was supposed to be low tech is going high...
  14. chrome91

coralife fan repair

i got this light at a store today for $70 http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp17952/si1320383/cl0/coralife36aqualightpowercompactstriplight2x96watt doesnt look used, catch was a moonlight was out and the fans on the right arent working. moonlight i can live without, but i ran the...
  15. chrome91

mantis Q

sorry if you guys get alot of this question, but here goes i got a 55g breeder (36x18x20) from a garage sale for $10. Most of the stuff with it was garbage (UGF, FW rocks) but the tank itself is in good shape and has 3/4" glass. ive aways wanted a mantis and have researched like crazy. tank has...
  16. chrome91

bernie mac

dunno if anyone else heard but bernie mac died today from pnemonia
  17. chrome91

hey guys

hey guys, just thought i would post what tanks i have 650g acrylic- Not built yet, will be the next home for my pacus 90g- will be a reef, its sitting empty right now, waiting to move my 55g's stock 90g- south american tank, lots of fish but ive got a fluval FX5 filter 55g- reef, 2x150w MH...