Search results

1. J

Question about Apex and AI Sol Weather programming?

I was wondering if someone could go through each of them... Someone tell me what each of them means. I entered what i wanted in but it just doesnt look good when i do a storm. the white lights come on really bright and stay on for about 10 seconds and then turn off... idk if this is the poor...
  2. J

So SICKKK OF This ich (or what i think is ich) problem!

Ok, so I have a 72 gallon BF tank. its been set up for probably 6 months now. After it cycled i added some fish. one of the fish came down with ich (i think it had it when i got it, but i couldnt see it). Anyways it infected the whole tank. All the fish died except for a scooter blenny. I...
  3. J

Lost sixline, clownfish, blue hippo tang... Need Help!

Ok so here is the scoop.. I have something in the tank not sure what the heck it is but it has killed and ate (or just killed and snails and other inverts ate) a clownfish, a sixline, a blue hippo, and now i think my mandarin is the latest victim! I noticed he hasnt touched the bigger tangs...
  4. J

Lighting options for new tank? What does everyone think?

I have a 220 at home, however i want to start up a 72 gallon BF. I have a hamilton MH on my 220, however, i dont really want the Hamilton on the BF because i am living in an Apt and can not hang a light... I am looking for something that will grow some softies, however i really dont want the...
  5. J

Best Lighting for 72 gallon bowfront?

What does everyone recommend for a 72 gallon bowfront. I dont want to spend too much money... i already payed $1200 for a Hamilton MH... I just want something that will grow coral mostly softies... and i would like to add a BTA at some point.... I just wanna know what i could get for the most...
  6. J

Thinking about Coralife Lunar Aqualights Compact Fluorescent Light system 4 cichlids

I found this light on Drs. Foster and Smith... I have a SW tank but I wanted to start another tank that is FW. I am thinking about Cichlids... I really want a light that will bring out the most colors in the fish. I also want moonlights... I just dont want to overkill it and give me an algae...
  7. J

What does everyone think about a Kalkwasser Reactor?

I was wondering what people think about kalkwasser reactors? Are they worth it? I want something that i can basically set and forget... I have a kent marine ATO system... are there any that are compatable with that? Should i just save my money and go with a five gallon pail and some air tubing...
  8. J

Anyone use a Algae Turf Scrubber? Do you recommend them?

I am thinking about building a new sump. I am in the process of designing it, but I heard some talk about an Algae Turf Scrubber, and I was wondering if I should include this into my plans?
  9. J

What is this? Is it bad? if it is how do i get rid of it?!?!

What is this and how do i get rid of it? I left for college, came home and it is growing like wildfire!?!? it is like a vine looking thing, and it has little bubbles on it... it doesnt look like bubble algae... Also i have a hair algae problem and i have no idea... i have tried a lot of things...
  10. J

I think i got screwed!!! Nassarius snails???

Ok, A while back i bought some "nassarius" snails... But i dont think they are the right ones, they never bury themselves, i have had them for about 1 month now, and they are still all over the sand and on the glass. The are a darker color than the pics i have seen on other sites. What are...
  11. J

How to add Multiple Tangs?

I am getting ready to add multiple tangs, i want to add a yellow tang, a blue hippo tang, and a blonde naso tang. I have spoken to multiple people on this and everyone tells me something different! what do i do? What would everyone do... I am just so confused. Someone told me i should add...
  12. J

What is everyone using for food? What do you recommend?

I am just starting to add livestock, and was wondering what everyone used for food? I have a bunch of different coral frags, and an anemone that came on my liverock when i bought it. I am thinking of getting a lawnmower blenny, or maybe even a clownfish. Just wondering what y'all think!
  13. J

Quarantine Tank... How Do I Set One Up!

I was wondering if anyone had any good advise for setting up a quarantine tank. What type/brand filter would you recommend? Lighting? Sand/No Sand? Any advice you got would be helpful!
  14. J

Is it safe to add Livestock?

I have my liverock in, added snails and cucumbers, also added some emerald crabs, and lettuce nudibranch. I tested for Nitrate/Nitrite, ammonia, alk, and pH, everything is good. Is it safe to add coral and fish. My liverock came with an anemone on it, and it seems to be doing fine. It also...
  15. J

Cheapest/Most Effective Light for Frag Tank?

I was thinking about setting up a 20 or 30 gallon tank to be used for just frags. then when they get big i could sell them to the LFS or trade/ maybe even give them away. I was wondering what everyone would recommend using for a light on that? Also what would you recommend for filtration? I...
  16. J

Lettuce Nudibranch? Anyone use them? What are the results?

I have a pretty bad hair algae problem, i was thinking about getting a lettuce nudibranch. Does anyone here have them? Do you like them? Do they work well? I am thinking about getting some emerald crabs as well. The lady at the LFS said that nuisance algae is common when a tank is first set...
  17. J

What is it? How Do I Get Rid of It!?!?

I have an algae bloom, i dont know what it is, if it is bad or good No Idea! I am new to the hobby. I just added my liverock and then this happened! I added a clean up crew of 300 Nassarius Snails, and 200 Cerith Snails. They have been in there for almost a week, and havent even made a dent...
  18. J

Question about Nassarius Snails? Please Help Before I Make a Mistake!

I just bought 240 Live Nassarius snails, i thought they were nassarius vibex but after i bought them i realized that they are not. They are Nassarius snails, just not the Nassarius Vibex. Do the snails have to be Nassarius vibex or is this kind alright? Does anyone know? I will paste a copy...
  19. J

Jordan's 220 Gallon!

New to the hobby, I bought a 220 Gallon Perfecto Glass Aquarium with the stand, also build by Perfecto. The tank itself measures 72"X24"X30”. I added 3 Maxi-Jet 1200 Power heads, 1 on each end of the tank, and one on the back wall of the tank. The Maxi-Jet 1200’s are supposed to have a...
  20. J

Adding Salt???

I am new to the Saltwater hobby... I have my tank all set up, RO water is in it and it has the sand (not live) on the bottom. The skimmer is on, return pump is on and it is all working. I just need to add the salt. Is it ok to add the salt even if i dont have the live rock yet, or should i...