Search results

1. T

clean up crew

What's a good clean up crew set for a 10 gal reef tank with 2 clowns and 1 green chromis? like how many of each stuff should i get? hermits? snails? shrimp?
  2. T

macroalgae--good or bad?

Hi, I'm getting a tank soon from someone on craigslist and he said he's got some macroalgae in there, he said it as if it were a good thing, but from my general view point, isn't algae bad? especialy for a reef tank? Now i'm not exactly sure what kind of macroalgae it is, but i wanted to know...
  3. T

what to feed

wow, that looks complicated haha...can their diet just be primarily flakes or do they need meat?
  4. T

what to feed

Say i've got 2 clown fishes, a blue tang, anemone, some polyps, shrimp, crabs and starfish what do i feed them? I'm buying a tank off of someone that has all those in it already and don't really know what salt water fish eat. I'm guessing the tetra flakes for freshwater fish don't work right?
  5. T

freshwater gravel in a reef tank--why not ok?

I used to have a freshwater tank with the colorful gravel on the bottom. my question is, why can't I have that in a reef tank? If I add live rock on top of that and have proper filtration, why is that not ok? Can someone fill me in? Thanks!
  6. T

adding anemone to reef tank

Hi, This might be a really stupid question, but I've been searching on google, and can't find an answer to this. how do you add anemones to your tank? do you glue them down? tie them down? how do you handle it? if you use your hands won't it sting your hands? gloves? anyone got a step...
  7. T

touching and attaching polyps

well if you can't touch it, then how do you put it in the tank? Say you have a star polyp, how do you put that in?
  8. T

touching and attaching polyps

Hi, Is it true that you can't touch polyps with your barehands or else they'll die? Also, how exactly do you attach polpys and coral to live rock? do you just put it there and let it attach by itself? or tie it down? Thanks!
  9. T

putting aquarium near a window at home

20 gallons, where can i get RO/DO water? But is the process correct? Adding water to the tank and then adding the correct amount of salt?
  10. T

putting aquarium near a window at home

If i put the saltwater tank near a window, will it grow massive amounts of algae like in a freshwater tank? if so, is it safe? Is there some kind of algae eating fish? Also, do you change the water like a freshwater tank? take out 10-20% each week?--how do you prepare the saltwater? can i...
  11. T

getting sand from the ocean

Hi, I live in San Diego and want to start setting up a salt water aquarium. For the live sand substrate, can I just get sand from the ocean? Thanks!