Search results

1. brandon

Anyone have some pulsing Xenia?

If you lived close to me I would give you as much as you could harvest
  2. brandon

Who was fresh before salt and what kind of fish & setups?

I did many fresh water tanks before taking the salt water plunge. Everything from community tanks to single CIchlid tanks Oscars green terrors neon blue jack Dempsey wolf cichlids arrowanas peacock bass until I saw a good quality flower horn cichlid and never looked back. I raised mostly red...
  3. brandon

Coral ID Please!

Not an acan but Deff a brain
  4. brandon

Coral ID Please!

Need a picture
  5. brandon

So what does everyone do for a living?

He is an exotic dancer. I'm a maintenance asst at a senior living community and I don't take out peoples trash.
  6. brandon

Ecotech Radion's Ordered ( for RSM 250)

Looking forward to seeing your upgrade
  7. brandon

updated pics!! look how it all has grown!!

Corals are doing great. Nice fungia
  8. brandon

Polyps??

2nd pic is a green button polyp
  9. brandon

Overnite coral shipment not arriving

That's a winner!
  10. brandon

Carl's 300g reef build

Looking forward to the build.
  11. brandon

AI SOL question

To answer your question on the AI sols 2 units will do. You can do the white and one super blue but your k spectrum will look different on each side. Better to go with all white or super blues. On the diy someone else will have to chime in on that answer.
  12. brandon

new guy

I know what you mean. Just in the last 5 years things have drastically changed. Welcome to RS
  13. brandon

Question on adding coral

Hi John starting slow is great. You can start with just about any zoa or pimple mushroom. They are great starter corals. Add a couple of corals a week and go from there.
  14. brandon

LisaD

Thanks for joining our community
  15. brandon

Replacing MH bulbs for the first time.

2-3 layers like Dave saidd watch the corals after the bulb change to make sure corals don't start to bleach
  16. brandon

Don't forget to add a couple of layers of window screen over the top of your fishtank. Your new bulb will put out more par and spectrum and might bleach your corals. Slowly over the next few weeks start removing the layers of screen.
  17. brandon

14k is a great whitish blue. Brand does matter but Phoenix is a good bulb.
  18. brandon

Fresh Water Dip For Corals

Dips do not replace qt for fish and corals. Dips are used to eliminate or reduce the chance of hitch hikers in your tanks. Once bad hitch hikers are in your dt it can be very difficult to eradicate that species back out of the tank.
  19. brandon

What's happening to my Xenia?!?!?:(

Mine shrivel up depending on nitrate spikes. What's your params?