Polyps??

Brandon78

Hey guys, bought some LR today and I got some hitchhiker snails and these guys, I think their polyps but im not sure
photo26.jpg

Looks like a mix between a polyp and an small anemone lol

photo25.jpg

photo22.jpg

Sorry for the pics, phone :/

Luukosian

First and last picture look like aiptasia(pest anemones) and the middle picture looks like a type of Palythoa maybe.

kain101

Aiptasia x should get rid of the pest. Got some peppermint shrimp hoping they would eat the aiptasia and to date they have not touched the stuff

phantom2991

yeah my peppermints havent gone near mine either. everytime i see one pop up i dig out the aiptasia x. works like a charm.

Brandon78

Is there a possibility of like plucking this one out. It's not really in the rock just kinda sitting on it

kain101

Lol, the peppermint shrimp must have known I was talking about it. Got up this morning and every peice of visible aiptasia was eaten :)

tnwillia

Your going to have all kinds of stuff crawling out of that rock LOL. I'd be expecting a crab or two as well and a few other inverts you may or may not want. Have fun!

steved13

PREMIUM
Is there a possibility of like plucking this one out. It's not really in the rock just kinda sitting on it

It's hard to get it all out and anything left behind will probably grow back, But that's true of almost any Aiptasia "cure"

Brandon78

Yea i Iike when I get good things crawlin out haha. I think I may just pluck him to slow it down while I wait for the treatment to come in