Search results

1. hub81

BTA help

I have had my tank set up for about 6 to 7 years. I decided to get a BTA for my first anem. I was told they are one of the easiest to take care of. I am a little uneasy now. It is in the same area of the tank I put it in but has moved to a different spot. It is currently hanging upside down...
  2. hub81

Mistake

Ok I have made the classic mistake, I even know better than to do this and I did it anyway. I went to the LF a few days ago to have a look around. I am looking at the coral and I let one of the store keeps talk me into buying not one but two flower pot corals, telling me how easy they are to...
  3. hub81

Purple thing

Hey everyone, I switched over from a Fish only to the reef side a few weeks ago. After installing a new lighting system and sump I have started to notice alot of different things growing. I have one rock that has started to grow green polups and a couple yellow spunges. I have this purple...
  4. hub81

Salt Mix

I am getting ready to do several water changes. I had a fish only tank now I am going over to the reef side of the force. I purchased a RO/DI six stage water filter system, a Octo 150 in sump skimmer, 2/250 watt metal hylide, 4 54watt blue attinic, 6 blue moons. I have 120lbs live rock and...
  5. hub81

Few questions

I have a 75 Gal with 30 gal sump. Octo 150 NW skimmer. 2x250 watt metal hylides 4x54watt T5. I just did a 30 Gal water change to help drop the nirate. I want to make this a reef tank, how many fish can I have? How many inverts? It was a fish only tank for about 4 years, I gave away all the...
  6. hub81

Any help

Ok I have purchased a 6 stage RODI filter for my water changes and evap replacement is that good for fish and coral? Also I purchased a new lighting system I could not pass up the deal. I have 2 x250 watt metal halide 4 blue atinic 54 watt 15000K and 6 bluemoon. What kind of corals can I keep...
  7. hub81

Light suggestions

I have a 75Gal/w 29gal sump, octo nw 150 skimmer 125lbs live rock and 80 lbs live sand. I want to get a good light for SPS but I am trying to stay away from anything that gets to hot. I have been told that T5 ho are good. Any suggestions Thanks
  8. hub81

Octo NW 150 help

I just purchased this skimmer two days ago and I am having a couple problems. I have a 75Gal reef with a 29Gal sump. I don't have a drilled tank so I have overflow box that does about 1200 GPH and the return is a Quiet one 4000 high head pump and together they work well. I installed my...
  9. hub81

Skimmer

Hello all, I have been reef keeping for 4 years now, I started with freshwater for about 14years and moved to saltwater and love it. I am having some problems with my skimmer. I just purchased a Octo NW 150 and it is in about 9 to 10 inches of water. The collection cup fills up in about 1 to 2...