Search results

1. RogueCorps

It's been a while.

Hey Travis and team, I haven't been around here in a loooong time, but just got my birthday email. How nice. :) I hope everyone is doing well and tanks are prospering. Cheers, -Rod (RogueCorps)
  2. RogueCorps

fuge?

Invertebrate and Filter Feeder Foods: Brightwell Aquatics Zooplanktos-M Zooplankton Check this stuff out... Zooplanktos-M
  3. RogueCorps

fuge?

You might want to consider a temporary home for your Mandarin because you should really have your refugium well established before it will be able to provide a lot of food. You should probably look into some prepared foods also in case it will take any. Good luck... -R
  4. RogueCorps

Peacock Mantis Pics!

Here ya go... this one has a couple close pics of both. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241070 -R :)
  5. RogueCorps

Peacock Mantis Pics!

Hey Nick, They're hard to spot but gonopods are a pair of penises (yes two!) on the underside at the third pair of walking legs. Gonopores look like a figure "8" shape underneath the first walking legs on females. This link has a picture from Dr. Roy that is very small. It looks as...
  6. RogueCorps

Peacock Mantis Pics!

What Maxx said... Males are commonly an emerald green and females more olive. There are exceptions though where populations area all more olive, so checking for gonopores or gonopods is the only way to be sure. It seems that females are much more common in the trade also. :) -R
  7. RogueCorps

Peacock Mantis Pics!

Very nice Johnny! He looks like a "she" I think. -R :)
  8. RogueCorps

New Toy - CP4 Pro housing for CoolPix!

Hey Thanks! I plead temporary insanity... too late now eh? The trip was great and the cam worked out nicely, but still learning lots about using it correctly. The Surgeonfish was pretty big... I'd say about dinner plate sized. The turtle said "50 dude." :) Actually that was one of the...
  9. RogueCorps

The CP-4 housing in action... http://www.fragexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=26922#post26922 :)
  10. RogueCorps

Cool Craig! You know you're going to have to name it after me... (Roguecordia?):rolleyes: The rest of them in my tank sure stretch a lot under PCs. I can't even tell that I cut yours out. :) -R
  11. RogueCorps

Peacock Mantis Shrimp

Congrats Johnny! The heater is something you should take care of immediately though. Not only do they attack when the heater indicator light turns on, but also sometimes when they feel the heated surface. I'd get it out of there immediately or shield the heater in something like pvc or a...
  12. RogueCorps

:) I can't wait! I'm headed to Hawaii in May for a wedding (mine ;)), so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to try it before then. The company's site is www.fantasea.com and another well priced site with housings for Nikon, Sony, Olympus and Canon (Ikelites also) is www.leisurepro.com...
  13. RogueCorps

Thought this was appropriate for the dive forum... Got a new Toy!!! It's a FantaSea CP4-Pro 40 meter underwater housing for the Nikon CoolPix 4300!!! For a little more serious pics this would need a strobe and remote. I've been looking out for camera and housing setups and was really...
  14. RogueCorps

March 20th SEABay meeting Bay Area, CA

Next Club Meeting is March 20th, 2004 at 7PM Come and meet Crissy Huffard on "The Fascinating Behavior of Octopus and Other Indonesian Cephalopods in their Natural Habitat" Abstract of Presentation: In Crissy's presentation she will discuss the behavior of Octopus aculeatus and...
  15. RogueCorps

aka: Mantis Shrimp

Actually our 4.5" OS is in a 15 gallon Jebo glass tank. It's very similar to a Via Aqua or Eclipse with overhead filtration. Eclipses are actually pretty good except for their wall thickness, that they run well without any retrofits. Jebos usually need the pumps replaced with a better model...
  16. RogueCorps

Might have to get out of the hobby for a while.

Really sorry to hear that Boomer... I'm not too far away but I'm not that close either. Maybe everything can be consolidated into a temporary system until things get better. Please be sure to post to CV reefers and MARS in Sac also for some closer by help. Hope you're feeling good soon. -R
  17. RogueCorps

manta shrimp

Very good of you to do that FileFish! I think the large spearers over there are Lysiosquillina glabriuscula. Largest recorded size is almost 10 inches... -Rogue
  18. RogueCorps

Need a recommendation for a heater

I've had 2 of 4 VisiTherms fail by sticking in the "on" position. I've had good experience so far with Ebo Jager and appreciate the double thick glass and auto-shutoff if it overheats. Also excellent experience and accuracy with Won Titaniums. Just be sure to tape the remote temperature dial...
  19. RogueCorps

Spaghetti Worms!?

Hmm... yeah, I'm not sure Orvin. Under a microscope the spaghetti worms that I've seen just look like small spaghetti worms. These could just be a smaller type though. I've also seen a giant spaghetti worm who's tentacles actually were the size of pasta spaghetti at the Waikiki Aquarium...