New Toy - CP4 Pro housing for CoolPix!

RogueCorps

Thought this was appropriate for the dive forum...

Got a new Toy!!!
It's a FantaSea CP4-Pro 40 meter underwater housing for the Nikon CoolPix 4300!!!
2054CP4_Pro.jpg

For a little more serious pics this would need a strobe and remote. I've been looking out for camera and housing setups and was really surprised to see that FantaSea came out with a housing for the camera we already have! The CoolPix 4300 is a 4.0 megabyte camera and it also fits the 885 with an almost identical camera body. The CP4-pro model has 10 controls and there is also a CP4-Sport that has shutter and zoom only. The camera needs a few settings done before you load it in the case but after that it's good to go.

Housings are coming out soon for the 3200 and 2100 CoolPix cameras soon also. The best thing is that this model was $146 on ebay + $6 shipping. Non-ebay price is about $180 but is still WAY less than an Ikelite housing that would probably cost 2-3 times more.

I'm taking a trip in May and will definitely have stuff to show now!!! The ebay seller was bestscubaonline.

-Rogue

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, really nice! I've looked into the Ikelite before, but they're always more pricey than the cam itself.

Great find!

RogueCorps

:) I can't wait! I'm headed to Hawaii in May for a wedding (mine ;)), so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to try it before then.

The company's site is www.fantasea.com and another well priced site with housings for Nikon, Sony, Olympus and Canon (Ikelites also) is www.leisurepro.com. Great prices on gear too. :)

-R

Craig Manoukian

Awesome RC, congrats and can't wait to see pics of the wedding and dive. The ricordia is about 2" across when fully open!

:) :D :eek: :p :smirk: :cool:

RogueCorps

Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
Awesome RC, congrats and can't wait to see pics of the wedding and dive. The ricordia is about 2" across when fully open!

Cool Craig! You know you're going to have to name it after me... (Roguecordia?):rolleyes: The rest of them in my tank sure stretch a lot under PCs. I can't even tell that I cut yours out. :)

-R

TDEVIL

Rod, Rod, Rod, maried ?, what were you thinking, lol

congrats, my friend

looks like you had a great time, and the pics are great

my wife and i just had our anv May 7th, when we got maried it rained also, but stoped for about 2 hrs while we were getting our pics taken, that was cool of mother nature

where is the pic of the Happy couple

how large was that Ringtail Surgeonfish?
did you ask the turtle how old it was?

Jay

RogueCorps

Originally posted by TDEVIL
Rod, Rod, Rod, maried ?, what were you thinking, lol

congrats, my friend

looks like you had a great time, and the pics are great

my wife and i just had our anv May 7th, when we got maried it rained also, but stoped for about 2 hrs while we were getting our pics taken, that was cool of mother nature

where is the pic of the Happy couple

how large was that Ringtail Surgeonfish?
did you ask the turtle how old it was?

Jay

Hey Thanks! I plead temporary insanity... too late now eh? The trip was great and the cam worked out nicely, but still learning lots about using it correctly.

The Surgeonfish was pretty big... I'd say about dinner plate sized. The turtle said "50 dude." :) Actually that was one of the smaller ones. The largest must have been 3.5' shell length. Pics of that one later.

Happy couple? Here we are...

-R :)