Search results

1. dngspot

My Second Attempt at An Algae Scrubber

And here she is finished with a light.
  2. dngspot

I think I have it. No spray bar needed, just a pipe pointing down. An added boost, I said I was not interested in a surging setup, well, I have one anyway. The air in the return line reduces the flow enough to give a surge. During the take down of a 35g octagon the Coralife 150 watt HQI was...
  3. dngspot

Dang, you ever have a total brain fart you just cannot figure how you put your self in a situation? Well, me too. If you look at the pic above, I used 2 X 4's to support the slanted glass. I don't think you can see but, the lowest piece is too thick to be removed with out hitting the screen...
  4. dngspot

To all, thanks for the kind words. I attempted another spray bar with a much narrower cut, still the water is pushed to the end of the spray bar. I have decided a different approach, a small pool of water then aiming the water in it. All it took for the mod was to cut out the slanted glass...
  5. dngspot

I do a bunch of drilling for our local club and the lfs's. Knock on wood, I have not broke one yet. I was given a brand new 180g reef ready tank and was told to drill 18 2 inch holes in it. That job took 3 days. It is plumbed in and water is running through it. I think the spray bar will...
  6. dngspot

I forgot the spray bar. I drilled another hole in the upper corner of the tank. In the pic you will see the tool I used to cut the opening in the spray bar. This pic has the finished cut and the parts that complete the spray bar. The two final pics are of the spray bar assembly. The...
  7. dngspot

Today, I pulled the glass strips, the strips that will hold up the screen assembly, and installed the legs. I tried to do it with a smaller tube of silicone and it looked pretty bad, I just can not get my fat hands to fit. After I siliconed all back in, I worked on the screen frame. Drilling...
  8. dngspot

My wife finished sowing the panels, in the morning I will sand them, staying clear of the fishing line. They are cut to fit the screen frame. I am one screw short but, I need to take a trip to HD tomorrow anyway. The long bolts will also be used to set the angle of the screen assembly, the short...
  9. dngspot

A while ago I made an attempt at SantaMonica's early design. I followed his instructions to the "T", and had no luck growing anything in it. During my research on scrubbers I came across a design that looked a little better than a bucket with a couple of floods in it. The design that I am...
  10. dngspot

DIY Moon Lights, ...Sort Of DIY

My wife and I were cruising through Sam's Club and she passed the Christmas lights, yes Christmas lights already, she said those are bright. I asked what is bright; she said those LED Christmas lights. I thought why not, I could staple those guys on the inside of my 210g's canopy and have a new...
  11. dngspot

r/o unit....is this a good one?

That is absolutely correct.
  12. dngspot

Yes you could but do not expect it to remove tds completely. You could use it for a short time but, I would advise to get at least a single 10 inch DI canister.
  13. dngspot

This is part of something I sent to another member. Also I understand that most do not like EBay units but I think they make a great starter unit and can be updated over time. eBay Do not use the two top units. One is carbon filter and the other supposed to be a DI canister. They do not...
  14. dngspot

I get about 3 months from each regeneration that I do to the DI. If I used the little guy that it came with I would be recharging every week. I forgot to mention that that system is about 3 years old; I changed the membranes to Filmtech 75gpd. Now my system is pushing 150 gpd.
  15. dngspot

I used a cheep RO/DI, I bought from Ebay. The problem with this is it was not quite what it was advertized as. It came with a GE Desal membrane, which did a pretty good job. It rejected 98%. The filters did a good job also. The problem was the cheep horizontal DI canister. I do not know what was...
  16. 5stage_rodi

5stage_rodi

17. RODI1

RODI1

18. dngspot

any DIY refugiums?

This is the sump under my 210G
  19. dngspot

Solenoid Valve for ATO

I have built a auto top off with a latching circuit and it has been working fine. Here is the link that I started it on DIY Auto Top Off - Wichita Aquarium Club Forums Here is the information I have had this sitting around for a time and thought that I might as well finish it. I built the...