Patrick's RSM C-250 : Part III

Pat24601

As I mentioned in other threads, apparently I bought some fish with what I had been advised was lymph, but turned out to be Marine Ich. It's been that sort of a restart. I'm not sure what else will go wrong, but I'm sure it's something!

I lost my Auriga thinking I was treating for lymph. I saved my racoon and he has been through Tank Transfer for treating Marine Ich.

He's now sitting in my "observation tank" while my main tank runs fallow.

Looking good ... I think. :)

IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0198.JPG

Last edited:

Pat24601

My Raccoon, Auriga, Flame Angel, and Flamehawk are now all in my "observation tank" together. So far, so good (knock on wood).

IMG_0320EDIT.JPG

It’s actually kind of too bad all of these fish are too big for my observation tank long term. The tank is in my study where I work a lot and I really like it there. I probably see it more than my actual display tank.

I may have to turn my observation tank into a real tank when I’m done getting my main DT set up.

Either a Nemo tank or freshwater.

Last edited:

Pat24601

I’m on vacation for 9 days and I felt obligated to have someone feed my fish while I am gone, which I really don’t like to do.

Here is to hoping everything is OK when I get back.

I’m pretty sure the trilobite will be fine. Everything else I’m not so sure.

4DBB594A-DE33-4BCB-80F8-34D3950A671D.jpeg

Yes, I’m going to get as much mileage out of that joke as I can. Apparently, very few people think it’s funny, but I went through all the trouble to photoshop it so I’m not going to just let it go!

Last edited:

Pat24601

Well, I'm back. The good news is that my fish are all fine. In fact, I'm not sure there is any evidence that my saltwater fish were even fed. But, they are OK and eating well, so it's all good.

My freshwater fish tank has "extra" flakes ALL OVER the bottom of the tank. That's kind of OK because my nitrates are actually a little low anyway. Saltwater habits die really hard and I keep the tank a little too clean even though I know I shouldn't.

I should probably clean the freshwater up a bit, but if the fishsitter was going to overfeed a tank, that was the tank to overfeed. :)

All seems to be well.

Pat24601

I now have 5 fish sitting my observation tank waiting to go into my Display tank.

The Raccon and the Pearlscale butterfly fish are hiding from each other even though they've shown no aggression towards each other whatsover. I think they are just super wimpy.

IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0435.JPG IMG_0417.JPG IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0410.JPG

Pat24601

Well, it's been well over 72 days now since I removed the fish and treated them for Marine Ich. I just did about a 80% water change because I was deliberately letting my tank be an algae farm for my snails.

It turns out my heater broke, though! Kind of lucky it happened when there were no fish in it. So, I replaced that and I'm waiting for my water to heat back up.

I'm actually really going to miss having all of my fish in my biocube. My biocube is in my den and is an area I spend a lot more time in than my actual fish tank. I'm starting to have regrets of where I moved my DT too because it's kind of out of the way. Not a room I spend a ton of time in. I spend some time there. It’s not like an unused basement or anything, but it’s not a lot.

I'm trying to decide whether my biocube becomes a nemo reef tank that's kind of a backup for this type of situation again or a freshwater tank. Decisions, decisions. :)

Last edited:

discol76

Well, it's been well over 72 days now since I removed the fish and treated them for Marine Ich. I just did about a 80% water change because I was deliberately letting my tank be an algae farm for my snails.

It turns out my heater broke, though! Kind of lucky it happened when there were no fish in it. So, I replaced that and I'm waiting for my water to heat back up.

I'm actually really going to miss having all of my fish in my biocube, though. My biocube is in my den and is an area I spend a lot more time in than my actual fish tank. I'm starting to have regrets of where I moved my DT too because it's kind of out of the way. Not a room I spend a ton of time in. I spend some time there. It’s not like an unused basement or anything, but it’s not a lot.

I'm trying to decide whether my biocube becomes a nemo reef tank that's kind of a backup for this type of situation again or a freshwater tank. Decisions, decisions. :)

Nemo reef gets my vote