Recent content by yungreefer2410

1. yungreefer2410

Hurricane Irma Reports

I'm in Orlando, power has been out since 7:12pm EST, will remain out until Monday afternoon at th earliest I imagine.
  2. yungreefer2410

Susan's RMS Max C250

Dosers**
  3. yungreefer2410

Susan's RMS Max C250

For dosing, I am a fan of running two brs dodgers dosing their calcium and alk supplement kit that they sell. This is about $120 and should keep your corals growing well and with proper water changes all your stats in line.
  4. yungreefer2410

It's been a while guys! (new questions)

A search like "replacing ceiling fan with outlet" should bring up some good results on google.
  5. yungreefer2410

It's been a while guys! (new questions)

I'm almost positive there are many YouTube videos showing how someone would do such a thing. I would give that a search and see what you find.
  6. yungreefer2410

Saint's 75g

I skipped a few pages so IDK if you are still worried about/dealing with this. BUT! You can stop air bubble build up in overflows by installing a tom aqua lifter at the highest point in the tube. Be sure to use the pre-filter so the pump does not get clogged. This is a very small cheap pump that...
  7. yungreefer2410

Disaster (Kind Of)

I don't know if you will find someone to take it and run it the exact same. But you can rest easy knowing you have influenced the way I think about reef tanks. Being 23 I can prob convince some others and spread the Paul B way of having happy healthy fish n corals.
  8. yungreefer2410

HOB refugium advice?

Display refugiums are the bees knees. It's like a different part of the ecosystem that you can highlight. Here you can have deep sand, nice rock structures, gobies, mandarins, all sorts of shrimps and filter feeders, NPS corals like sea fans, and even seahorses and pipefish if you have cold...
  9. yungreefer2410

12g AquaNano Tank

Tank looks quite nice! Great job being patient and letting nature run its course. I would say you are maxed out fish wise, but have plenty of room for corals! Do you have any snails in there? I would recommend adding some if not. Reefcleaners.org probably doesn't ship to NZ but it can give you a...
  10. yungreefer2410

Little smudgers first marine tank - Fluval M90

Looks like a new tank cycling, exactly how it should look!
  11. yungreefer2410

My name is Noel

I've "lost" a blenny in my old 29g reef tank only for it to show itself again 3-4 weeks later. In a 230g tank, I can easily imagine a blenny just being out of sight
  12. yungreefer2410

Red sea max 250 skimmer?

I would also look into other brands that would fit into the same area.
  13. yungreefer2410

Tank turned 49 this year

I like 4 strokes because they are 1000x quieter. So I always vote 4 stroke Yamaha or honda. Super solid will start up for years and years, You could find an older model for sub $1k, here in Florida anyway!
  14. yungreefer2410

Brown Mushrooms

Umm you don't need an underwater camera? Take from side with best view, if that isn't enough you can take the picture thru a view finder, like the ones they use in LFS for seeing clearly down thru the top of the water. They are simply an acrylic box with an open top
  15. yungreefer2410

Silver97's Official tank chronicle

Your sump doesn't have enough empty volume so that it does not overflow when it is full? Or you have turned the power off and it was going to for sure overflow if you did not turn the power back on? Does the water stop when it reaches the bottom "teeth" of the overflow? This shouldn't be enough...