Recent content by tomr33

1. T

Baby serpent stars

feed them snails lol...my serpent star has been feasting on my snails for over a year and i just figured that out not even a hour ago...hah... good luck with the little guys
  2. T

ughh...its been a hellish day for me in freshwater world...

so i decided to make my 55g oscar tank a predominantly angel fish tank today...last week my oscar died so i wanted to do something different...i have a 55g tank that house 1 oscar and 3 gouramis and i just think that a tank that size should have more fish...so i went to the store today and...
  3. T

finally found the culprit!!!!

Today has been such a nightmarish day for me with 1 of my tanks...just so happens to be my freshwater tank that i was converting from an oscar tank to an angle tank with small schooling fish...(the name has escaped from me right this sec) <---- probably because ive had such a horrible day...
  4. T

combining tanks?

i dont have a bunch of experience with this but from what i have heard and what i have read you dont want to necessarily mix a maroon with percula or any other species of clowns...also ive seen some very hostile maroon very large and very hostile...as far as the coral beauty goes ive also read...
  5. T

looking for a new tank

i am currently staying in apartments that wont let me have over 50g tank due to the weight...ive had my 40g tank for over a year now and i already built the stand myself out of metal. i can add more for the depth of the tank but i cant go any wider 36in because of the spot that its in...i have...
  6. T

really embarasing question

i ordered LR from tampabay saltwater and it came in bags full of water. not just a little at the bottom. i never had much die off at all either and some of the sponges that came on the rock is still thriving fine to this day and ive had the tank up for over a year now. so when it comes to...
  7. T

looking for a new tank

im looking for a new tank that will fit on my tank stand that ive already built. so that narrows it down to a 50g which will be a upgrade from my 40g seaclear acrylic tank that i absolutely hate..the built in filtration is really really bad...i upgraded my pump and the corner overflow just wont...
  8. T

red sea salt mess

I have been using the redsea coral pro salt since I set up my tank over a year ago and my last wc was a mess...I mixed up my salt with rodi water and used the correct amount of salt...when I poured 10g in my tank it was really cloudy murky water...I couldn't see my fish or my lr it was so...
  9. T

can anyone help me with this

I haven't added sand and I check my tds every time I mix salt
  10. T

Sorry it was supposed to say .025
  11. T

5g wc... new phone...stupid auto correct
  12. T

Ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates between 5-10 Phosphate .2 calcium 440 alk 11 magnesium 1400 ph 8 salinity 1.026 My tank is about a year and 4 months My cuc is various snails serpent star and red and blue leg hermits and a hh urchin