Baby serpent stars

Ok was cleaning the tank today, link I mean really getting dirty and into it. Found 12 baby serpent stars moved them to 20 gal tank which had been set up for quarantine but nothing ever put into it. HEEELLLPPPPP. please unsure how to take care of these little ones. Wish I would have gotten a picture for you but they all burried in the sand and they are tiny.
479bec2bbb7403fd69fc15d887466427.jpg

That's the best I could do for now.

tomr33

feed them snails lol...my serpent star has been feasting on my snails for over a year and i just figured that out not even a hour ago...hah... good luck with the little guys

Luukosian

Lot of people get micro brittle stars in their tank when it's new especially. Usually no special care involved(they'll eat detritus) but a lot of times once the tank matures and cleans up their numbers go way down.

The tank has been up for a while now, but if that's what you guys think they are then I will dump them back in. This was the only one out the others are much bigger and look very similar to serpent star I have in the tank. I am not sure how the micro brittles got there will look into how they get into the tank. If they were not put in.

Luukosian

Kind of cool to watch in the quarantine for a while but if it was me probably not worth messing with another tank just for them. If you have a refugium that would probably be a good place to watch them and probably supply enough detritus for food.