1. tjk72

greetings

howdy!
  2. tjk72

Anybody Here From Florida?

Howdy metweezer. I'm in Stuart, FL.:snrkl:
  3. tjk72

Getting a 55g tank!

Thanks all!! It was a freshwater with cichlids. don't know about additives but will find out. how do you remove copper if any? I plan on going reef. I've already been biten by the bug:bluemad: . I've had a 20g now for 3 years and plan on moving everything to the 55g. It will be a slow process...
  4. tjk72

Getting a 55g tank!

Yipee!! I'm getting a 55g tank soon! My friends' brother was going to throw it out. I can't wait!:bigbounce :bigbounce :bigbounce
  5. tjk72

Crabs Are Evil Society

Yeah i don't get it. Everyone i've talked to at the lfs's say they are passive but i've witnessed the carnage. THank goodness my orange spotted goby is still alive along with the skunk cleaner shrimp. I was able to get the crabs out. One of the bigger ones' legs fell off in the abduction but it...
  6. tjk72

Crabs Are Evil Society

My emerald crabs' hit list: 3 Peppermint shrimp 1 Six line wrasse 1 Poisoned pearly jawfish 1 Large branch of caulerpa 1 Porcelain crab He is one bad mama jamma
  7. tjk72

Flatworm cure but pearly jawfish death!

Thanks all. Still working on getting those pests out. It's been a week and i saw some small fw's on the glass. There must be eggs left. I'll re-dose in a couple of days. I wanted the tank to get over the initial dose before doing any more.
  8. tjk72

Flatworm cure but pearly jawfish death!

I recently had to dose my 20g reef tank for flatworms. What i wasn't expecting is for my perky pearly jawfish that i have had for 3 months and was happy decided to eat some of the dead flatworms. :smack: Well they turn toxic after death so it caused the fish to get toxic and die. I'm very sad...
  9. tjk72

Does anyone have a purple tunicate?

A little bit better version of the first pic i posted. THis is what it looks like when it is extended but i don't feel it's fully extended.
  10. tjk72

Here is a different pic. It has already changed quite a bit from the last few days. I don't know if you can really tell anything from this pic. I'll try to get some better pics. The guy at the LFS said it belonged to the sea squirts family but i still haven't found anything that looks like that...
  11. tjk72

Do you mean it branched four stems or fingers?
  12. tjk72

What i have doesn't look anything like that. The LFS said it was a purple tunicate. MAybe they're just calling it that or it's a variation.
  13. tjk72

I have a purple tunicate and it keeps closing up and eventually it expands back out after about a week. but lately it's been more closed than open or expanded. I'm going to try and moving it lower to start. Does anyone have any experience on these?
  14. tjk72

Zoanthid propagation system

You may consider how tall the system would end up being. If too tall to reach into the top tanks you'll have to use a step ladder. If that's no big deal than go for it. I just bought a Nova extreme T5 light system. Still in process of tinkering.
  15. tjk72

Tank with new T5 lighting!

Here is a pic of how the 20g looks withe new T5 lighting. still working on the timing. I don't think i'm liking the digital timing strip too much?