Recent content by StoneyReef

1. S

weld on

Weldon 16
  2. S

kalk reactor timers?

noticed today they have a comparable timer at walmart for $14.95 in the lighting section good for 1850 watts!
  3. S

kalk reactor timers?

At home depot they have the "intermatic digital Timer" runs approximately $20 You can program 14 on and off events over 7 days. You can also set it to random. The good thing is that you can set them to turn on and off for as little as one minute at a time. Kalk reactors do not...
  4. S

Dosing pump

They work great if you use them to pump the fresh water into a kalk reactor. That way they do not get coated and have to be cleaned!
  5. S

How will bta attach to LR

Secret Shopper?????!!!!!! :D :D :D
  6. S

How will bta attach to LR

Secret Shopper!????????
  7. S

New oceanic salt

As in I mean, I do not think mixing salts would have any effect whatsoever on the critters since obviously not everyone who stores and transports the animals uses the exact same salt. If using different salts were an issue don't you think the animal would immediately die when placed in a tank...
  8. S

New oceanic salt

mixing salts does not make any sense. What kind of salt do the shippers keep their animals in? How about your LFS? Then you put them in your alien tank environment! I think the whole mixing salts stuff is a bunch of hooey!
  9. S

Zooanthid tank

I am really debating about starting a small zooanthid tank. I am thinking a small 20L tank, a thin layer of sand for substrate, and live rock, some homemade so I can get some towers. No sump, no overflow, no skimmer, OK maybe a skimmer(my BETA stage one) Since I have never had a zoo in my...
  10. S

Neilsen Reactor owners w/ mag stirrers

I must be beyond exhausted so I am going to bed. Anyhow lets break it down. 3.14 * (2^2) * 18=226.08 Cubic Inches 226.08 cubic inches = 0.9787127678571429 Liquid Gallons
  11. S

YEP! your right!!! I took the diameter! Dang it all, someone shoot me!
  12. S

pi times radius squared times height = volume thus 3.9 gallons
  13. S

OK the blantantly bodacious eye candy thread

HOLY JESUS CHRYSLER!!!!!! WHERE did you get that yellow polyps monti!
  14. S

diy Mixing eductor-driven fractionation

well perhaps I will give it one more shot!
  15. S

diy Mixing eductor-driven fractionation

OK Pro I built the first one on the thread over on TRT sounded like a jet taking off. Plus the skimmer production was so variable. Did you build the first version or did you build the second version with the end of the barb recessed further into the eductor housing. Did you build it...