Recent content by spykes

1. S

Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

frankie use my method of SPS keeping it gets you colored up and stable. very stable sometime it shocks my friends how stable the water chemestry is.
  2. S

Woodstock's 90 gallon

doni you tank looks kinda empty now, what joo do?
  3. S

Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

hey ffrankie how yah been. i tried to call you a couple of times before just no luck =/ sorry i couldnt wish you farewell and all when your tank is up i'll send you some nice frags man the 20 gallon you gave me is doing well =D alot of stags and everything...
  4. S

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

yeah he's a monster isnt he? the damn thing explodes in size once use to the MH but i loved that thing, just im down to a 20 gallon now, cant keep it heh
  5. S

Torch, Hammer, or Frogspawn??

i have a hunch it's a hybrid
  6. S

New tank and not sure what to do next...

dudette~ was this a 30 tall?well whatever he plans to keep depends on the light, PCs are alright but it's a nice beginner step. Just if people plan to do this hobby seriously i recommend metal hailides because it's what we all eventually all get.
  7. S

New tank and not sure what to do next...

truely wattage per gallon isnt really what matters nowadays at least, im not disagreeing with you but if you have 300 watts of PCs it still does not compare to the metal hailide 250s. I think you should look at the PPFD which is the amount of par, (Photsynthetically Available Radiation) this is...
  8. carp52605

carp52605

9. S

help decide what tank

to work with on a large scale acrylic is better, aquascaping may damage the tank, but you can always get micromesh and fix the scratch, especally with thicker acrylics. acrylic is clearer, and doesnt give a green hue to the tank, unless you get starfire glass. Also brian can drill the acrylic...
  10. DSC02162

DSC02162

11. DSC02164

DSC02164

12. DSC02479

DSC02479

13. S

DIY tunze streams(it's not what it seems to be)

BTW current in process im gonna do a 3000GPH one with a aquaclear 802 much more higher RPM and stronger pump. This powerhead also is 20 dollars off ebay.
  14. S

i think around at least 2000 per powerhead right now im figuring out how to make this thing more silent, the powerhead makes noises cause the shaft is a bit smaller so it spins around. does anyone know the inner diameter for the airline tubbing? like the hard tubbing.
  15. S

TY TY i have built many things int he pass to imatate the real things. kalk reactors and such maybe i'll do some DIY posts. THIS SUMMER! DIY bubble king 1000 skimmer with poland spring bottle tubing woodstock: took me 3 days to get the parts right amount to max the waves. but that was...