DIY tunze streams(it's not what it seems to be)

spykes

welp as you peps see i put up the pics in the image gallery, but this son of a gun wasnt easy to plan, i started playing around with the impeller and saw the DIY thread on RC, as we all know RC is just so helpful at times. LOL anyways i started using PVC to build a housing seems like a 1.5 inch tube like how everyone else does it in RC limits the flow. It gives a very straight flow not that i dont like it, just LPS and others cant handle it. I was looking at what tunze does wuith a 2.5 inch output and a 4 inch enductor housing. the 4 inch housing is a mixer housing, which lets me enduct and force all the flow around the impeller also to move thru that 2.5 inch pipe. Along with the flow it will drag the surounding flow and drag it thru creating a vast and effective gentle and yet monsterous volume of flow. I built one and i can only imagine what 2 can do. This stream only costed me 30 dollars to build comapred to a 200 dollar tunze. LOL and no this isnt programmable to do pulsing etc... tho i think it would work under a wavemaker, because i have releaved most of the problem with the spinning backwards. This is my exclusive thread on RS and my first lol. This stream was rushed out so it wasnt built for the looks just for the power baby
890DSC02579.jpg

890DSC02583.jpg

890DSC02582.jpg

edited photo spacing-Wit

Last edited by a moderator:

Gina

RS STAFF
$30.00 verses $200.00 Hmmm....which should I choose? We want to see the details too!

ReefLady

Staff member
Spykes, that would be killer.... I'm sure you'd be blessed with heaping mounds of karma for the effort. :)

spykes

TY TY
i have built many things int he pass to imatate the real things. kalk reactors and such maybe i'll do some DIY posts.

THIS SUMMER! DIY bubble king 1000 skimmer with poland spring bottle tubing

woodstock: took me 3 days to get the parts right amount to max the waves. but that was trial and error. i bet if it takes to be make a 2nd one i can do it in 3 hrs

spykes

i think around at least 2000 per powerhead right now im figuring out how to make this thing more silent, the powerhead makes noises cause the shaft is a bit smaller so it spins around. does anyone know the inner diameter for the airline tubbing? like the hard tubbing.

spykes

BTW current in process im gonna do a 3000GPH one with a aquaclear 802 much more higher RPM and stronger pump. This powerhead also is 20 dollars off ebay.