Recent content by Setragni

1. Setragni

New Store in South Florida

I wasn't sure where to post this, but there is a new Local Fish Store in Sunrise Fl. On the corner of Sunset Strip and University Dr. 2111 N University Dr. Sunrise, FL
  2. Setragni

Question about Neptune Controllers...

I see that the apex controllers have a lot of upgrades, I want to control, lighting, temperature, PH and ORP. Would I be able to do this with the Apex Jr if I buy the correct upgrades... Are there upgrades that do not work with the JR. version? Thanks
  3. Setragni

Need your help guys... Please

A friend mentioned that it could be residue from the dry rock... ever seen something like that?
  4. Setragni

Very good point there! I am pretty sure that was coming from the nylon hose, the smell is pretty much gone now...I have to find out if this stuff was toxic, and if my silicon absorbed anything... Here is how the hose looked like, note that it is supposed to be clear... And the paste...
  5. Setragni

PSU4ME -I am going to post a picture of the hose and the paste like residue tonight. Choff - The Silicone was very rigid, I don't think the silicon is the cause anymore, I squeezed some silicone in a container with salt water and waited 2 days... It didn't smell at all... DaveK - Maybe it...
  6. Setragni

***UPDATE*** The smell is weak now, and it is getting better day by day... but I am afraid that whatever it is, already contaminated the tank forever... Any ideas? I also noticed a white paste building up inside the return vinyl hose... it is not bacterial, I managed to scrape some of it out...
  7. Setragni

Thanks... So the uncured silicone in the water is not a problem??? it is not toxic?
  8. Setragni

is this the one? http://www.polybiomarine.com/faq.htm
  9. Setragni

Thanks PSU4ME, Could you please post a link to this Poly Filter? What do you mean by change color? What does it test for? Thanks
  10. Setragni

Hello, After a while away from the forums I once again need advice from the more experienced reefers around here... Here is the deal, I decided to setup a new tank and after a few days of cycle I decided to turn on the skimmer... It went crazy and produced a soap like foam, with a weird smell...
  11. Setragni

RSM 250 set up in central Arkansas

I wish she was in FL.
  12. Setragni

RSM 250 set up in central Arkansas

What a deal. For the price of a 130! I wonder whats in it!
  13. Setragni

PO4 in 0 TDS Water!

I have a friend who works on a water plant. He told me cheap stuff like the hanna checker wont work on purified water. Hes taking a sample of my water to test on their lab. We'll see. I will keep you posted.
  14. Setragni

PO4 in 0 TDS Water!

Ok this is getting frustrating. I ran 5 gallons of rodi water thru my GFO reactor for 2 hours and after that it tested 0.28. Higher!! What the heck is going on?!!
  15. Setragni

PO4 in 0 TDS Water!

I have 3 different TDS meters. They all show 0.