Question about Neptune Controllers...

Setragni

I see that the apex controllers have a lot of upgrades, I want to control, lighting, temperature, PH and ORP. Would I be able to do this with the Apex Jr if I buy the correct upgrades... Are there upgrades that do not work with the JR. version?
Thanks

reefer gladness

Check here for a grid of what is standard or compatible, etc.

http://www.marinedepot.com/controllers_neptune_systems_aquacontroller-ap.html

At a glance it looks like you would need to purchase a couple PM1 modules at $85 each to add the pH and ORP and another $100 for the VDM module if you wanted dimming capability for your lighting. Add the cost for the pH probe and you may as well buy the regular Apex for less/equal money and more capability.

Pro-tip: read the manual before purchasing so you don't have any unwelcome surprises. You can find the manual on the product pages for the controllers.

mlopez

Hello everyone sorry if this is a dumb question but can I use Apex controller to just turn on and off my aquamars led lights?

DaveK

Hello everyone sorry if this is a dumb question but can I use Apex controller to just turn on and off my aquamars led lights?

Yes, you can do this, but it may not be the best way to go about it. Here are some considerations.

Check out your light fixture and make sure it's compatible with the controller. If it is you should be able to use most of the features of the LED fixture. If it's not compatible you will be restricted to simply turning the lights on and off.

If just turning the lights on and off is all you need, a decent timer from your local hardware store or home center will cost a lot less and still do the job.

mlopez

Thank you I also would like to get Controller to control other equipment and monitor ph & temp.in the future if I decide to control my lights I did see YouTube video about modifying the lights so they could be controlled by Apex but before getting one just wanted to see if Apex will just turn them on & off first agin thank you.