Recent content by Sencha

1. Sencha

TankTails 130 Zeovit Startup

I bought one this week, but didn't add to tank yet until I knew more about it, but a lfs here bought some when they were being discontinued. I wil post pics soon, not a lot of change but some...
  2. Sencha

Thanks you for your input, did you use the spacer with the mp20?
  3. Sencha

One last question maybe, which do you recommend then?
  4. Sencha

Can I use the mp10w upgrade kit on the MP20? Why did you switch back to the mp10 Terry? Thank you! P.S Can you imagine how much time I am going to have for my tank now, heaven!
  5. Sencha

Good news and bad new I quit my job after 4 years of working for an acupuncture college (good news). It was one of the dr's I worked with that introduced me to salt water fish tanks. For good bye present, he brought me over a purple tang ( bad news). We put him in the tank for now, what...
  6. Sencha

FTS GregT the eheim is eheim 300 so I could adjust the flow rate to 80 L/H I love the zeovit system the tank stays so clean this pic was taken today and water change tomorrow but the last water change was two weeks ago (I usually do it once a week but have been busy) :)
  7. Sencha

The dimensions for my reacter are: over all size 3 5/16" x 3 15/16"x15 1/2" H matereal used 3/16 clear acrylic and 1/2" bar Cut size for 3/16" clear acrylic you need 1'x2 ft 2 pcs 3 5/16"x 15 9/16" sides 1 pcs 3 5/16"x 3 9/19" drill 1 1/8" hole according to pump 1 pcs 3 5/16"x 3 9/16"...
  8. Sencha

This weekend I will attempt to take photo's and post a complete update. I am still doing the Zeovit, and very pleased with the results so far. I did have a bit of cyano which I have never had before,(nasty) but hopefully have it under control.
  9. Sencha

Bobby, I just stuck these light strips to the top of my tank, they come with a two sided sticky tape. Current USA True Lumen Aquatic LED Strips 10" Long 4 x 453 Blue Led (POWER SUPPLY SOLD SEPARATE) - AquaCave The other light changes I made are at the bottom of my posts. Hope this helps...
  10. Sencha

Sorry Msjboy, I haven't been on the forum much, I've been so busy at work. I will dig up the exact measurements for you and include the adjustments I had to make, this weekend. It cost me around $100.00 Canadian, but if you go in with the plan it should be less.
  11. Sencha

red grouper

Sorry for your losses. Good luck on getting the grouper out
  12. Sencha

What is this?

Thankyou. I've had this in the tank for a couple weeks now. When I first got it there were heads then they shed off and have now grown back... this picture was taken today. I have placed it in the shade in a low flow area so hopefully I will succeed with this. I will keep you posted :)
  13. Sencha

What is this?

Can anyone id this coral? Thankyou :)
  14. Sencha

Tilefish is sick

Thankyou sasquatch. I tested the pH and it was at 8.3 so I don't think it is a pH burn. Now for more bad news... our other tilefish died this morning. This one looked healthy and ate lastnight so I'm unsure if both fish suffered from the same illness?
  15. Sencha

Tilefish is sick

So the tile fish died :( If anyone has any ideas on what it could have been that would be great. I want to know if I need to do something with my other fish, thought they are not showing any symptoms, this disease seems to move fast.