Recent content by seahorsedreams

1. seahorsedreams

Macna 2014

The hotel is listed from the 22nd to the 5th because even though the conference is only the weekend, those flying in earlier and leaving later can get the room discount for their entire stay.
  2. seahorsedreams

What did you feed your Lionfish (scorp) last night?

Looking to collect a little data. Did anyone feed their Lionfish/scorp last night? Mind answering a couple of questions? ■ What did you "serve"? ■ When did you buy it? ■ Did you do anything to it besides cut and serve? I appreciate any help.
  3. seahorsedreams

Looks like a walking stick, crawls like an inchworm.

Look up caprellid amphipod.
  4. seahorsedreams

Predator Tank

A lion will not eat the crabs. You can have anything besides shrimp for a CUC. I don't know anything about eels, so I can't comment on that part.
  5. seahorsedreams

Frozen food...

Look to someone who just had a kid. They give out these little bags that also have breast milk carriers that are pretty good at keeping things frozen... not 2 hours frozen mind you.
  6. seahorsedreams

how to cut down electricity bill???

Use fans to cool your tank to reduce the amount of time your chiller has to be on. Do regular maintenance on your equipment, it increases their efficiency.
  7. seahorsedreams

Sunburst Anthias

Ya, those are my pics of some of the crew. The tank they are in now has essentially become impossible to get a good pic. The bow is so bad in the middle. Grrrr! Oh well, they won't be there forever. Thanks.
  8. seahorsedreams

Sunburst Anthias

I was doing a tank build thread elsewhere so I'll just post the little tabs if that's okay. They are eventually going into my NPS drop off "Pretty Tank" as I refer to it to my husband (which will be a low light NPS drop off tank full of fish that I consider "pretty"). If anyone knows me from...
  9. seahorsedreams

Catching Wild Copepods

Make sure you can ID what is a parasitic copepod and what isn't.
  10. seahorsedreams

Sunburst Anthias

I've had mine for over a year. Most days I just feed once a day. Some days I feed twice. Never more. When I feed I do it slowly over an hour or more and just pour a little in the tank and walk away... repeat. repeat. repeat. I have him in with seahorses and a trio of red saddled anthias.
  11. seahorsedreams

pals for a lionfish

A volitans, if fed properly, will be too big for a 55. I just had to move mine from a 60g to a 100g at year 3. The lionfish will not be "sad" without tankmates.
  12. seahorsedreams

Copper Emergency!

The rock is useless for a reef setup. It will leach.
  13. seahorsedreams

Another type of thing...

Here's a pic I took of an amphipod in my tank. Might help to have a bigger pic.