Recent content by RSMRyan

1. R

Cost to have a company move tank?

The thought of having to move with my tank is one that keeps me up into the wee hours of the night....okay not really, but it does scare me. Wondering if anyone has ever paid an aquarium moving company to move their tank and if so, how much did it cost? It'll be an RSM250 so about 55 gallons...
  2. R

Coral Sale! Save 25%off all orders.

Used this code to order from them last week. AMAZING customer service. The corals came in wonderfully (although a "Live Coral" label might help on the outside of the box"). After I submitted my order, I changed my mind on a color of coral I wanted. I quickly sent a request to them, but didn't...
  3. R

Skimmer Really Frustrating Me

I guess I should have mentioned that I've read the manual for it, and mostly I can't seem to get a steady water level. So let me rephrase this whole question: How do I get a steady water level with a HOB overflow? I have an ATO to deal with the minor fluctuations.
  4. R

Skimmer Really Frustrating Me

Hi All, I'm having some serious trouble getting my skimmer to function properly, and I've had it running now for about 2 months. I'm concerned that it has to deal with my water levels, it seems as though they fluctuate way too much for the finickiness of my skimmer. I've not once seen my...
  5. R

Mix Phosguard and Biopellets?

Very interesting! Thanks for the feedback everyone. @chipmunkofdoom2 can you direct me to said RedField Ratio?
  6. R

Mix Phosguard and Biopellets?

Is it possible/safe/recommended to put biopellets and phosguard in a single reactor? I've seen a lot regarding carbon, but not a lot about the combo I've listed.
  7. R

Dying Torch Head?

LFS, it was withdrawn for the first 24 hours but then had full extension for the rest of the time. I went ahead an did a dip in case it was pest or bacteria related.
  8. R

Dying Torch Head?

One crisis averted last night, now another one (less crisis though) has arisen. This torch has been in my tank for about 1.5 weeks, but now it looks like one of the heads is dying. Looking for critique on tank levels or advice. I've been told torches are both good and bad beginner corals...
  9. R

URGENT Please HELP

Thanks everyone for all of the replies! I've gotten the leather in the tank now. It's looking a little flat so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I ended up breaking off most of the rock from the base, super gluing the area where the apstasia was, and glued the remaining pieces into my tank. I did a...
  10. R

URGENT Please HELP

Only urgent because it involves apstasia, a leather coral and an unknown worm. I just brought home a new leather coral that has a good chunk of rock attached. While in the bag I noticed what I'm pretty darn sure was apstasia. It was only 1 head, I attempted to take it off with tweezers, plus a...
  11. R

Business License

Napili, it is highly dependent on where you are. Some cities require registration, some state, some both, I would suggest researching on your states business information website.
  12. R

New to SW - My RSM (Now 250) Build

Did add 2 new Clowns and Torch to the tank, so hopefully we see some skim mate coming out.
  13. R

Still struggling to get it set just right. I did find out that the second air hole tube was not supposed to be covered (as was done by the last owner), so I went ahead and uncovered it. Seems to be a little less finicky, but it's still not quite consistent with pulling skim. Either too water and...
  14. R

@Oxylebius It's going well! I'm really struggling to get my skimmer to remain constant. It seems that as much as an 1/8th in change in water level causes it to overflow....
  15. R

3 Weeks into the cycle, added new dry rock....Questions

Hi All, I had some strange looking rock that I recieved with my tank, it was more or less alive, came from a 2 year old established tank. When I got the tank I put new Live sand into the tank and started with the rock they gave me. About 3 weeks in, I decided I wanted more rock, and better...