Recent content by Pomacanthidae

1. P

my Green Mandarin won't eat frozen food

mandarins will rarely eat prepared foods, and will usually only feed on live copepods and amphipods. These fish are good with peaceful tankmates that won't outcompete it for food, like gobies. If you have a wrasse or dottyback, you have to get rid of one of the two.
  2. P

Pocillopora or no?

just saying, the "high lighting" SPS is basically just a code word for acropora, and most need moderate to high, or even low lighting, such as astreopora and the yellow morphs of seriatopora.
  3. P

Pocillopora or no?

Hydnophora is an SPS, and i've gotten it to grow, so my lighting is good enough for that at least, and my nitrates have been at 5-0 ppm over the past month, and my alkalinity has stayed between 7.2-8 DKH. The hydnophora is a bit dull in coloration, which means my lighting isn't the best, but it...
  4. P

Is maybe purple tip Condy anemone dying?

I got lucky with my LFS. They always tell the truth and treat sick or dead fish/coral immediately. The other day they had two healthy condys that I was looking at, but I was worried it would kill my coral.
  5. P

Pocillopora or no?

I am just starting to enter the SPS world, and I'm looking at some blue pocillopora my LFS has, but I don't know If I should be jumping in to this yet. My lighting, flow, and parameters are good enough to keep hydnophora exesa alive, so does pocillopora have similar requirements? The only things...
  6. P

HELP! New Snail In Tank - can't tell what type?

What type of wrasse? xmas wrass or yellow wrasse, or a badly behaved fairy wrasse?
  7. P

HELP! Kenya tree not opening!

nitrates: 0 ammonia: 0 phosphates: 0 calcium: 370 alkalinity: 7.8 salinity: 1.024 parts of the kenya tree are starting to open
  8. P

I will hopefully have test results today. i've had the coral for a week and a half, it hasn't opened in 4 days, and my tank has been up for 8 months, 5 in my custody.
  9. P

Acans with coral beauty?

ok. if so, it will definetely be the acans. I've had my coral beauty for almost 5 months and it's my favorite fish in the tank
  10. P

Acans with coral beauty?

ok, so I should feed more and then go for it?
  11. P

my kenya tree has been not opening for no apparent reason, and i have it in good flow and lighting. Any ideas?
  12. P

Acans with coral beauty?

I have a coral beauty that's been with me for over 4 months now, and the fleshiest coral it has been exposed to is a 7 or so headed duncan colony and a neon green favia. My fish store just got some rainbow acans in their $20 frag tank and my mouth is watering over it. I really want to get it...
  13. P

Xenia on the decline

I got a xenia frag for $20, and it was flourishing and growing until a couple weeks ago, and then it stopped and started rapidly declining in health, and the stalk got super thin and wrinkled, and the polyps were only partially open. Now, the polyps are better, but one of the heads keeps getting...
  14. P

So my tank is too small for a Tang.... but what next?

if your tank is a long tank rather than vertical or cube, you could probably fit a tomini tang in it, and if not, I would go for a coral beauty because they are hardy, generally peaceful, but somewhat territorial. always make sure your specimen is healthy and eating, and I wouldnt go for a...