Recent content by Phreek

1. P

What do you do on Reef Sanctuary

I get on here when there is nothing better to do, and usually just check my messages. I only respond to a thread if it interests me, and only post questions that I cannot find the answer to elsewhere.
  2. P

What glue?

It's not going to be used for building a tank, or holding anything together. Just trying to get something to stick to a piece of acrylic. Super Glue didnt work.
  3. P

nova pro vs tek

the Tek light blows the Nova out of the water period. Nova does not have true parabolic reflectors. The Tek does. If I was in this position, I wouldn't even debate. Tek wins hands down.
  4. P

What glue?

Is there a specific glue that you need to bond something to acrylic? Will liquid nails work?
  5. P

Seafansar's 150 gallon reef

Re: Seafansar's 125 gallon reef Looks good sara, nice work!
  6. P

CUC Reccomendations

10 nassarius snails, 10 cerith, cleaner shrimp, 4 astrea conehead snails (careful with these if the get knocked over they cannot right themselves). that would be my suggestion. Im not a fan of hermit crabs at all. IMO people add way to many snails than their tank actually needs. Most will end up...
  7. P

Feedback on Solana 34 gallon systems~

or perhaps purchase the setup without the E-lite, and opt for a PFO mini pendant?
  8. P

why not purchase the Elos system with the E-Lite already included? vs purchasing them seperately?
  9. P

So...RSM 250 Question

I believe it was on the Red Sea website I read that actually. perhaps they just mistyped. well thats good to know that they are actually T5's. thanks steve!
  10. P

So...RSM 250 Question

Just out of random curiosity I was checking out the RM 250 , and it says it contains T5 linear Power Compacts...umm I'm no rocket scientists but PC and T5 are not one and the same. So which does it actually have? And is the 250 capable of keeping SPS corals other than Stylo's and Monti's?
  11. P

So I bought a mandarin...

it looks like a Sand Sifting Star to me. So I wouldn't worry about him eating the pod population so much. Just keep in mind these guys need alot of food as well, and can make short work of the detritus and other things in the tank. Once there is no more food, it will bury itself in the sand and...
  12. P

Well that all depends. Are we talking an actual Sand Sifting Star (Astropecten polycanthus)? They consume detritus, as well as micro fauna in the aquarium, they will also consume, shrimp, urchins, and other sea stars.
  13. P

Hey man no problem. I am sorry for the misunderstanding, and for being rude. Lets shake hands (so to speak lol) and call it even. I'm glad you posted a little more about the tank Tusca, it helps us get a feel and understanding of what the exact environment is like. It also will help us diagnose...
  14. P

Um.. sorry wakeskater02 but I dont think they can ban me for what I said..if they can, then oh well I wouldn't want to be here anyways. I was polite in my responses, and clearly stated I intended no disrespect. I admit I get upset when someone makes unethical and uneducated choices, and then...
  15. P

Not sure if its something that would interest you Doni, but Fluval just came out with an AMAZING little rimless tank, its called the Fluval Edge..quiet a little center piece. Or there's always ADA to consider, they just came out with a new line as well called DO!Aqua...or the NeoNano from...