Feedback on Solana 34 gallon systems~

johnvic

I also had the skimmer break on the sides. When I get the sapphire I'm going to fully clean the stock skimmer, soak it in vinegar and fix the side.

I will admit that I probably do not have the height adjusted correctly.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thank you Slick. Great write up!

If I get a 20 gallon ELOS pool... it is only 17" cube so I am not sure what lighting I could get for it being so narrow.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I was just looking at that tiny LED Elos fixture.... why can't the price be tiny also?? LOL

mps9506

Well, depending on what you are keeping maybe you can do some other lighting, spotlight fixtures, MH pendants etc are out there....

zy112

I think a 20" SunPod would fit, since it has adjustable legs. I actually have one and think its a sweet light.

johnvic

Solana Stock Skimmer Update:

I looked into what I was doing with the height of the cup. I had it way too high. I think I know why I had it too high. A few weeks ago I had a lot of wet skim, so much that I could not get the cup low enough to put my Azoo fans in place. Well that turned out to be the air pump had slipped or something and I solved that. So over the last few days I readjusted my skimmer cup height and I have been skimming pretty normal.

I'm still looking forward to my Sapphire because they get such good reviews. I'm going to take SPL measurements before and after the Sapphire.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks for the update John!

Hummm.... There is a person selling an ELOS 70 (55 gallon cube) for $1800... but he is 2 states away :(

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Fyi... I went larger :rolleyes: and purchased a used 60 gallon cube with a custom made solid oak stand. The aquarium is 24x24x24 and was made by glass cages.
Now I need to figure out where in the house to put it... LOL