Recent content by PhilippeReef

1. P

Aqua Euro USA Max Chill 1/10 HP

I have a MAX C-250 and I am thinking adding the chiller Aqua Euro USA Max Chill 1/10 HP. Any particular recommendation, I read that the stock pump might not be enough, any truth to that. I will store it underneath the tank in the manufacturer standard cabinet that came with tank. I am just...
  2. P

Know what this is ?

Thank you for the help. The coral is not doing that well anyway but not from the sponge. Lot of crabs go over it and I am not sure the temp is right, I keep it between 76 and 77.5 give or take. I did some research it's zoandthid type of coral. Might have too much current but move them seems...
  3. P

Know what this is ?

I have this green "sponge" taking over coral, anybody knows what it is and if it's bad thxIMAG0653 by PhilippeReef posted Oct 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM
  4. IMAG0653

IMAG0653

5. P

red sea Max C250 evaporation

I test the salinity almost daily, when I first cleaned the tank I noticed a lot of salt actually was on the back fans placed on the right side of the skimmer, which makes me think it's why I was getting so much evaporation but I leave it be. I guess I will need lot of trips to the store to get...
  6. P

OK, do you still replace water every few weeks, the store told me 10 gallons every 3 weeks but they also told me I would not need to add much water & not to worry about keeping up with levels...
  7. P

I started a max C 250 3 weeks ago, everything works fine. The water temperature is between 76 F and 79 F most days, room temp around 74 F but it seems I have a lot of evaporation, everyday I have to add at least 1/2 a gallon of water. It's mostly the right side that loses most of it. The skimmer...