Recent content by mfregosi

1. M

How to lower Nitrates

We have our 135G set up and have done a lot of work with it lately with chemistry due to bad information. Now we have Nitrate levels close to 40 - how do we lower our nitrate level???? Thank you!
  2. Blue_Tang

Blue_Tang

3. Sponge

Sponge

4. Clown

Clown

5. 135g setup - Newbie

135g setup - Newbie

6. M

Filtration System

I have no idea how big the wet/dry is rated for. I will have to at least see if I can get dimensions and have you all help me with that! So, get rid of the bio-balls and put in live rock - how much live rock? And chaetomorpha macroalgae - how much? Do I keep the filter on top?
  7. M

Filtration System

Okay, after reading a few posts I have more questions. When we bought our system it included a wet/dry filter. We are doing a reef setup. Again tank size is 135g. What is recommended? Do we need something different? Thank you! Micki
  8. M

Light Question

Right now we have a 135g tank with 72" flourescent lights. We are looking to upgrade our lighting system, but need a lot of advice! I know nothing of what is need for a reef set up for lighting. Please help! Thank you! Micki
  9. M

Newbie with 135G tank

Hello! My name is Micki and my husband and I started a 135g reef tank about 4 months ago. We have lots of live rock a light crushed coral base, 1blue tang, 2 clown, 3 blue chromis, 2 yellow damsels, clown face gobies, and 3 peppermint shrimp, along with hermits and snails. Looking forward to...