Recent content by melgrj7

1. M

Melissa's 15 gallon Leaf Fish Tank

I've added 4 scarlet hermits and a tuxedo urchin and they are doing a decent job on the algae yay! Also changed my bulbs. Water has tested great and still does :::shrugs:::
  2. M

Help

The local reef shop thinks it's bryopsis. Bulbs are less than a year old. Tank has been up less than a year, I will test it tomorrow but it usually tests great for everything. I added a phosphate absorbing media to my filters last week just in case. I got 4 scarlet hermits to see if they...
  3. M

I bought and acclimated 2 black mollies, they were a little over an inch long. Next day they were gone and the leaf fish's belly was huge. =/
  4. M

Help

Any one?
  5. M

Help

This algae is all over my rocks. I can barely pull any of it off, nothing seems to scrub it off, and so far nothing will eat it, at least not enough to make a dent. Tank is 15 gallons with 1 leaf fish, snails (cerith, nerite, nassarius, trochus), 1 emerald crab, some corals, about 9-10 pounds...
  6. M

Been awhile! The fish (Davey) is doing great. He is yellow now, and about 4 inches long. He eats live ghost shrimp that have been gutloaded (didn't have any success switching him to frozen stuff). Most of the corals are doing good, the brown polyps are the only ones that aren't. I do...
  7. M

Thanks, I was actually thinking of getting rid of them anyway because I would rather have a prettier colony of zoas lol. Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
  8. M

8" cube maxi mini tank?

I eventually want to set up a bigger tank for a real carpet anemone but that is out of my price range for now. We have a maxi mini at work and I've been reading up on them, they are ray to care for, Hardy and pretty. So I am thinking of setting up an 8 inch cube on my desk for it and some sexy...
  9. M

Leaf ate 2 prekilled ghost shrimp today, tried a piece of silverside but he wouldn't go for it. Looked interested, and then scared of it lol. So I just put it on the sand and the nassarius snails are going to town on it. Got a cheap powerhead to make mixing salt water easy. Got a bucket of...
  10. M

Ok thanks! From now on I'll feed them the day before the water change. Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
  11. M

Diatoms are subsiding, yay. AND! The leaf fish ate a dead ghost shrimp off of the feeding stick woohoo!!!! Puts us a big step closer to eating frozen food off the feeding stick. Fed the corals today with coral frenzy a few hours ago. Now I'm about to go ahead and do my scheduled water change :)
  12. M

light question

Thanks for the responses I'll look at the bulbs and when I have some $$ order a few and play around until I get the look I want :) Thanks a ton!
  13. M

light question

I have a 15 gallon tank (24"L X 13"W X 12"H) with a 4X24watt T5 fixture on it. Right now its set up that 2 bulbs are 10K and 2 are actinic. Would it be ok to change it to 3 actinic bulbs and 1 10K? Or is there another way to get a little more bluer color? The corals I have so far are...
  14. M

Added a single head candy cane coral yesterday and picked up 4 gallons of R/O water. Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
  15. M

Best salt to use?

What are your opinions on the best salt to use for a reef tank? The tank is 15 gallons, so far has a single head hammer coral, polyps, zoas and a kenya tree. Going to add more corals as funds allow. I do a water change every 4 days (3 gallons). I set the tank up using instant ocean reef...