Recent content by LPSMonSter

1. L

Scott's new Red Sea Max C-250

When I had mine setup, I had two clowns, coral beauty, starry blenny, copper banded and a mccoskers Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. L

Trials and Tribulations of an Upgrade!

oh man my LPS are bleaching and it is downright upsetting. I have rcvd some feedback that it may be my lights, since it has happened over such a long period of time. I replaced all the bulbs with KZ bulbs. Any ideas? I did water tests: ph: 8.2 amm: 0 nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0 Phos: 0 CA...
  3. L

Thanks! I know it's pretty rewarding! The CBB eats readily from our hands, i'll video it and put it up, it's pretty cool!
  4. L

They are on the substrate and even shaded a little. I try n feed cyclo as the heads are not that large, and they eat some of it. The odd thing is that some acans that I had at the bottom of the RSM 130 and were moved into the 250, are at about mid level but are slightly shaded, have lost no...
  5. L

SO still having issues with the Acans. Them and one of my Lobos are bleaching, everything else is fine. I did water tests on the 9th, everything was fine. I have been trying to keep up on the dKh dosing and continue to test that almost daily. keeping it around 10. i am hoping that may help...
  6. L

Thanks for the ideas. No sand on em, the Jaw is pretty central to his burrows, none of which are around the acans. The levels are pretty good, a little low on the dKH, like 9 But I will do some tests tonight.
  7. L

UPDATE: The Copperbanded and the Mandarin are doing great. The Copperbanded is even eating from my hand! The Mandarin is also eating frozen, but not as readily as I wanted. If the food floats on the bottom near him he snags it but he will not feed from the water column. My Pearly...
  8. L

Where did you buy your red sea max 250

Awesome deal, you must have some pretty good negotiating skills! Welcome to the REDSEA 250 Club!
  9. L

My very own 250!!!

Let me start off by offering a late "Welcome to the Club!" Good to see another 250 getting set up. I have 80lbs of sand in my setup, really only because the sand we get comes in 20lbs bags, and I thought 60 was not enough. Plus I wanted to to a jawfish. The fish list you mentioned is...
  10. L

just got off the phone w/ Pinky. The new pump will be shipped out Mon! :dance:
  11. L

The glue is holding but when I put the unit back together, with the blue cap, it won't spin. If I take if off and try and hold the black piece, I can get it to work, but if I turn it off and try again, I got nothing. It is a huge PITA for sure. I have a Koralia Nano and a Koralia 1400 and the...
  12. L

Oh man.:evileye: So last night I turned off the pumps to target feed, nothing out of the usual, and after about 10-15 min, I went to turn the pumps back on. Flipped the switch for the smaller pump, it fired on no problem. Then I flipped the larger pumps switch. Worst noise I have ever...
  13. L

I understand your point of view, please understand my response is ment in a cordial manner. I, I repeat, I am not killing any fish. Fish die, life goes on. Look at the the top breeders in the world. They have freezers full of dead fish. You think ORA has never lost a fish? I am not saying...
  14. L

Kyle, Thanks for your advice. I have been having such a hard time getting my hands on a healthy M. Meleagris I may just give up. None of the LFS can keep one longer than a couple days, so I think that they are getting sick of ordering them for me. I may just try a pair of mandarins. We'll see...
  15. L

I am trying another Meleagris. This one I am going to pretty much just throw in the tank I think. I have heard Leopard wrasses should not be QTd or separated because it will stress them out if there is not a sand bed. But to condradict this I have heard that keeping them in QT or at least...