Recent content by K.G.

1. K

HUGE tank crash need help fast

i'm going to change a couple of gallons a day and see if it goes away anytime soon, the tank isn't in a place that allows me to vent to the outside so i guess i'll have to live with it. i'll try the stability additive, i dont want my corals to suffer and i dont have anywhere else to put them...
  2. K

is there any way to get rid of the smell coming from the tank? its getting real bad and this is in my bedroom, i have to do something about it.
  3. K

i think he died in there but didn't locate him when i cleaned everything. i'm fairly certain he's not in there now, but i don't know. i was using a fission nano skimmer, but it caused me nothing but headaches so i'm not using it now. i'm sure i've had an ammonia spike since i cleaned it all...
  4. K

i didnt introduce anything new into the tank after i moved it except for the fish and a couple small corals. i dont think it would have been cycling that long after i moved everything. i've had it going for at least a month and a half after the move and everything was fine. i havent tested the...
  5. K

I've been putting together a 12G Aquapod for a few months now and everything has gone great until now. i've recently moved the tank, and as can be expected it wasnt quite the same afer tearing it apart and putting it back together. However, it was doing great after a few days. I never saw...
  6. K

emerald crab missing!

he has been missing for over a week, the fish are doing fine, the only thing that's out of the ordinary is a couple of the mushrooms have been acting weird, the two that used to be the biggest arent opening up as full as they used to during the daytime. i'll test the water when i get a chance...
  7. K

emerald crab missing!

the tank, so far just 16.5 lbs LR, a few blue/green shrooms, and a green hairy mushroom the newest addition, she had to have them. looking into getting something for them to call home
  8. the pair

the pair

9. 12g aquapod

12g aquapod

10. K

emerald crab missing!

i recently moved my girlfriend's 12G aquapod into her new apartment, the move went very well, all of the inverts made the trip nicely except for our emerald crab. I never saw him terribly often, but i havent seen him since i got the tank back up. If the worst has happened and he's stuck...
  11. K

Best Thermometer?

icewater is not necessarily 32 degrees F, so if you're looking to calibrate better than a couple degrees thats not a good way to do it. i'd check it against a digital medical type thermometer, they're tolerance should be much more accurate.
  12. K

Pair of royal grammas?

i figured that would be best. i'm not blaming the LFS on it, i need to do my homework better next time. any suggestions on other small fish i might add?
  13. K

Pair of royal grammas?

I picked up a pair of royal grammas from my LFS yesterday without warning from the staff that they might not be compatible together in a smaller tank. upon my research after the fact, i have discovered that this may be a bad idea. i have a 12g aquapod with 13.5 lbs LR with lots of hiding...
  14. K

n00b

thanks for the welcome guys, Woodstock i go to Fish Pro's and Fish World in raleigh, i havent explored the local clubs but i've just gotten started so i'm sure i'll find them!
  15. K

n00b

i guess i'll go ahead and say hi, my name's kevin and i go to NCSU. i've been keeping freshwater fish for a while, i have a 37g with a red cap oranda and two calico fantail goldfish. i bought a 12g aquapod for my girlfriend about a month ago and have been hooked on it ever since. we'll call...