Recent content by jglas26

1. J

What to do after copper treatment.

As far as the QT is concerned. Yes, it is true that carbon can reduce the effectiveness of medications. Carbon also has the potential to remove both "good" and "bad" bacterias from the tank. IMO carbon should only be used to "polish" a well established system. QT or not, I would add "some"...
  2. J

New butterflies - need an experienced opinion

"Since you've chosen your own diagnosis and treatment for that diagnosis outside those that are known cures......." What??? Well, as it sits right now, I'm currently dosing with Maracyn AND Coppersafe. That should pretty much take care of "whatever" it is... Considering the fact that...
  3. J

Well.....today is day 4 and I have weaned the system off of the Ich treatment and have started Mardel - Maracyn....The fish have now come out of the corner and the flashing has significantly reduced. They are both very active and eating today.......However, I am noticing a growing (internal)...
  4. J

Thanks for all your help so far everyone. Yesterday I dosed with Malachite Green and I'm starting to think that it might not be Ich at all. It's day three and i'm still not seeing the development of any white spots anywhere on either butterfly - nor am I seeing a lessening of their...
  5. J

Thanks for the response! Yes, they are in a tank by themselves...it's a year old and has been empty for about 3 weeks now......(I moved and I ended up putting my original livestock in another system - they are not sick). I'm pretty sure by now that they have early signs of ich. Any suggestion...
  6. J

Hello Everyone..... I know I haven't been on here in what seems like forever, but I'm hoping that I can get some help. Two days ago, I recieved an Auriga & Saddleback Butterfly (via online store) So...they arrived looking great (no "spots" nicks or anything like that - they are 4in each...
  7. J

my xenia "broke"?!

Hey guys, 2 days ago I picked up a pulsing purple xenia from the lfs and everything had seemed to be fine..... I just got out of the shower and when I looked for it - it was gone! I immediately scoured the tank looking for it because the "base" is still attached to the top of the LR - but...
  8. J

My setup w/ pics

Here's a pic from my first system, where I got most of the stuff i put in the Nano...
  9. J

My setup w/ pics

I got it....thanks for the comments! yeah, tomorrow is one full week since I've added livestock so I plan on a water change before i go to work. I have a friend that finished their cycle on a 55g and is going to take the tang this weekend in exchange for another fish or hopefully some...
  10. J

My setup w/ pics

I decided to create a photobucket album since I was having trouble loading them on this site. For whatever reason, my camera doesn't take very good pictures of my tank but here they are. So far I added a Percula Clown - I'm waiting for a friend of mine to come pick up this Tang next week - 7...
  11. J

My setup w/ pics

Hello everyone, I tried to add an update of my nano but I can't add any photo attachments unless i shrink them down to where you would need a magnifying glass to see them....any tips? They were even smaller than the last ones and the program kept telling me that they were still to large???
  12. J

My setup w/ pics

I've heard that there are a couple in Cleveland, Ohio. That's about an hour north of me. thanks for the suggestion!
  13. J

My setup w/ pics

Hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for your comments. Cash is tight for this week but I hope to have "something" in here in the next 10 days for sure. If nothing else, it'll just give everything a lil extra time to get "settled" I'm not sure if I wanna get my 1st (and probably only)...
  14. J

My setup w/ pics

nope =) although I do plan on connecting another 10g as a refugium hopefully in the next month or two. I know that may sound a lil crazy to some but, this will be my 4th system and so far I've had some success ( knock on wood ) I've been researching "natural methods" and because it's...
  15. J

My setup w/ pics

I just realized that I've beeen upgraded to a "Bryozoan" lol