Recent content by jake9015

1. J

Robbo's Red Sea Max 130d

What type of snail is that? And does it eat corals?
  2. J

Algae takeover!

Al's right..... I will be going off to college in a year or so and would like to sell it in the next 6 months. Il probably keep the ATO and anything else I can use on another tank.
  3. J

Algae takeover!

Don't you think I'd be able to get more for it if it looked good an came with the goodies?
  4. J

Algae takeover!

Hi guys: I have a Red Sea 130D with about 40 pounds of live rock, some zoanthids, Kenya trees, and Xenia. My problem is that I'm looking to sell my tank in a couple of months and that at the moment it's filled with algae and chaeto. I maintain it, doing 1/4 water changes twice a month, I have an...
  5. J

Biopellets on a RSM 130d?

Hi: I have been wondering if a bio pellet reactor would be a good idea on my Red Sea 130D 34 gallon? I have an upgraded skimmer that i would mod with a T fitting so that the output of the reactor would go right into the skimmer. Ive been told that this could work but just want to verify and get...
  6. J

WavySea wavemaker on RSM 130D?

True. But the wavy sea is only 100 Bucks
  7. J

Also found that even though the Nano stream bracket has not been released yet by this company that Tunze has one built for this product that is readily available.
  8. J

Vertex Aquaristik > Products > Wave Makers > Mocean > 2000
  9. J

Hi guys, Im wondering what your thoughts are on putting one of these on a RSM 130D instead of an Ecotech? Saw one for sale at a good price and hear that they are the Top Of The Line wavemaker! i think i would have trouble mounting but once mounted or figured out it would be awesome. Il post a...
  10. J

Whats the correct way to do a full and complete water change?

Hi: I have a RSM 130D and it's been running close to two years now. I love it! Anyways.... Everytime I do a water change/full maintenance on it I feel that I've never done enough. I'm planning on a full maintenance later today. I was wondering if I can get some input or steps on how to do a...
  11. J

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

AL what size whisper do you have? I have a petco brand but I don't think it's enough air pumpage
  12. J

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

The skimmer must break in.... Let it overflow and give it a couple days
  13. J

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

How did you set yours up? Because I had no luck with this. Also what bubbler are you using?
  14. J

RSM 130d gate removal

Welcome Kyle! I also have a Rsm 130d and love it! The only upgrades I think are nessecary are a powerhead for extra flow (nothing beats a vortech for that job), upgrade the skimmer (I have a euroreef and love it), and upgrade the lights I have dimmable LEDs that make everything pop. Any...