Recent content by jackpe

1. J

RSM Lifespan?

Hi Steve, I have just ordered two from Coventry Aquatics, they were not sure if they were the new bulbs or not but the packaging has the red Sea max graphics on it and they have only just received the oder from RSM so presumably these are the new ones? Jack
  2. J

130D bulbs - better?

Just tubes
  3. J

130D bulbs - better?

I have the SPS already,and they havesome color although I'm sure it could be improved.. but the issue is more I was interested if the new bulbs, whilsgt being the same wattage were really measurably better or if it was just marketing crap..
  4. J

130D bulbs - better?

I have read they are better too but not seen anyone who has actually measured this supposed improvement or been able to compare them with the old bulbs... anyone have direct experience of the difference? have yopur corals colored up more since you had the new bulbs?
  5. J

Deltec MC 500 in RSM

Thanks guys, so it looks like it's worth going for the MC 500 then? As I said it will be quite a bit cheaper for me here in the Uk to get than the Euroreef and as long as it works significantly better then i'm sold. Just one thing, just how hard is it to remove the glass slides with water...
  6. J

130D bulbs - better?

Are the 130D bulbs appreciably better than the one with the original RSM? I wondered if it's worth upgrading..
  7. J

Deltec MC 500 in RSM

Hi Guys, Would have liked to get hold of the Euroreef skimmer for my RSM but including import costs it would seem it will cost me around £250. So I have been looking at possiblealternatives. The Tunze 9002 is not enough of an improvement so have looked at the MC 500, I ahve read posts by...
  8. J

Nuisance Algae Guide, A work in progress

Ah thanks...
  9. J

Nuisance Algae Guide, A work in progress

Hi, useful article, you mention alkalinity as a possible cause for red slime algae, could you expand on that?:turntable
  10. J

What is so bad about the RSM skimmer?

Does the MC 500 fit easily and do others recommend it? and does it cut out microbubbles?
  11. J

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

HI Guys, Can this skimmer be bought in europe (UK)? Sorry if this has been posted, I did go through 20 odd pages of posts but lost pages and could not face the whole 53... Thanks Jack
  12. J

Vodka Dosing in my RSM

Thanks Guys and interestig web page on your experiences..
  13. J

Vodka Dosing in my RSM

I ha d read this before but it seems as if Borneman is curently the lone voice saying carbon sourcing has no effect... all othe info I have read on froums and from people I know has pointed towards vodka doign having an effect.. not always a positive one (often can be detrimental tom soft...
  14. J

Vodka Dosing in my RSM

Hi, I feed half a frozen block a day but I rinse once defrosted to take all the crap out All parameters are on 0 apart from phosphate which is 0.015 which is still fine.. I run rowaphos, changed weekly Water for chages is 0 TDS Lights on for 11 hours per day..