Recent content by fragout

1. F

filtration for predator tank

The reason why I'm setting this predator tank up, is b/c my reef tank can't sustain my eel and grouper's feeding habits. So I wanted to set up a nice tank on my corner coffee table, with a simple fitration system. The wet dry seems to be too bulky and would be visible under the coffee table...
  2. F

Boomer-If I have enough live rock in the tank what can a wet/dry do for me. I know the bioballs consist of nitritfying bacteria, but so does the live rock. i just don't understand how a wet dry can benefit me.
  3. F

hello- I'm setting up a 55 gallon fish only predator tank consisting of an eel, grouper, and lionfish with some live rock and a dsb. What to you guys recommend for filtration. I want to avoid wet/dry filtration and sump/refuge filtration. I was looking more into a good canister filter that is...
  4. F

Close loop system help

It's not a sps tank, it's a 90 gallon reef tank with a single overflow. The pump will fit in the overflow just fine. It's a quiet one pump model 3000,(1800 gph). I want to avoid adding another pump to the sump, don't have space down there. I would like to install this to remove all of my...
  5. F

Close loop system help

I was wondering if it is possible to insert a pump in the over flow with a close loop system returning water to the main tank. I'm doing to this to increase water flow without using powerheads. I know most people do this with a dry pump outside the tank. I don't have a dry pump, just a wet one...
  6. calfo1

calfo1

7. F

to much flow in sump

Great, I plan to do the set up tomorrow, thanks for the help..
  8. F

to much flow in sump

well I'm glad I posted this thread, because I was going to install a ball vavle on the drain pipe to my sump. But that plan is out the window. What would I have to do to keep my mag 1800, I don't really want to buy another pump. Bommer when you say throttle back the pump, do you mean to split...
  9. tank_sketch_2

tank_sketch_2

10. F

to much flow in sump

I have a overflow system drilled, the basic stuff. here is a pic that might help.
  11. tank_sketch

tank_sketch

12. F

to much flow in sump

i have a mag drive supreme 1800 gph pump with 3/4 inch O.D. flex pvc to tank- in my 90 gallon reef. i have a problem with my flow entering too fast in to my sump. The drain pipe is 1 inch O.D. that is submersed in my sump. Some have told me to install a Ball valve on my drain pipe to reduce...
  13. F

microbubbles in tank

yeah that's a good idea, but my problem is I have no space under my tank to keep a container of water. i guess i can look into it, but with the list of projects i'm doing right now I want to leave the auto top off system for a future project. besides I don't mind adding water every three days...
  14. F

Rock Setup?

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks for all the great information. i was looking at tank pics here on this forum. i saw a few that i really liked. I plan to basically install the small rocks on the bottom and the big ones on top, with the rock structure leaning more to the back of...
  15. F

microbubbles in tank

hey there- Well I have a 30 gallon sump/fuge, with height being 30 inches- my last baffle is about 27 inches tall. The problem is after water evaporation in the sump the cascade of the water to the return pump causes micro bubbles. i have no teeth on my baffles. what can I do to fix this. i was...