microbubbles in tank

fragout

hey there- Well I have a 30 gallon sump/fuge, with height being 30 inches- my last baffle is about 27 inches tall. The problem is after water evaporation in the sump the cascade of the water to the return pump causes micro bubbles. i have no teeth on my baffles. what can I do to fix this. i was thinking of putting a strip of egg crate on top of the baffle, giving it a teeth like setup for the baffle. Don't know if this will work though- any suggestions? i want to avoid using any pads.

Thx FRAGOUT

ReefGuy69

If you are interested in the Auto Top Off, www.Melevsreef.com has a good DIY for it. As soon as i get my sump up and working i'm going to be rigging myself up one. Looks real easy and like $10 bucks to build. Hellen Keller could build one.

fragout

yeah that's a good idea, but my problem is I have no space under my tank to keep a container of water. i guess i can look into it, but with the list of projects i'm doing right now I want to leave the auto top off system for a future project. besides I don't mind adding water every three days, for water evap. I'm looking for a simple and fast solution for microbubbles for now. thx for the input billy&Reef.

Scouter Steve

I had the same problem with micro bubbles from the last baffle cascading. I added another baffle so the water exits at the bottom. The next sump I build I will angle the last baffle to see if it stops cascade bubbles.

Note: last baffle off the bottom does not affect the volume in return section!