Recent content by Festerx

1. F

Help! Ammonia attack!

Wow, that is a lot of ammonia :) like you said, should be a nice strong cycle.
  2. F

ato for 130c suggestions

I have a 130, which I have sumped. I'm just about to purchase a Reefloat at pro2 8 litre. Are you or have you sumped the 130?
  3. F

How To Do A Partial Water Change

Dianakay beat me to it. Best place is demo the rear chamber. New water will flow back through the comb and your circulation pumps (even when off) which will gently mix in the new stuff. It's how I did it until I added my sump.
  4. F

2 dead tangs

I think the answers are there, you just don't want to see them. From what I can tell, all the above is good advice. You asked for help, take it on the chin. It's not a criticism, so don't take it as such.
  5. F

ID please

I'm definitely no expert, but I would say they are aips. Sorry.
  6. F

Help please! Problem with Tunze 9002

Just make sure the hose is still connected at both ends. Mine has come off a couple of times after cleaning, showing the same results u are getting. Attach again and you should be all set.
  7. F

Drilling a RSM 130 - YES YOU CAN

Still a long way to go on this adventure, but here is a fts showing he current state.
  8. F

RO/DI system for low pressure

My pressure is 30psi most days, and it's outside so the temp is lower than the optimal 20'C. My 75 unit makes about 25 litres in 8 hours. I just set it running overnight before I need it and I have a good 50 litres ready for salting. You just need to plan ahead a little more. I wouldn't bother...
  9. F

Water is in. Pumps are pumping, and sump is summing (sock, skim and light) pictures to follow
  10. F

Had a right pickle with these pipes. Return pipe is a 20.5mm upvc pipe which I have had to melt and mould around the outlet pipe for my newjet 1700. I could not find any suitable adapters for this size pipe. Anyhooo, the drains (2 x 36mm black abs) and the return (21.5mm pvc) pipes have been...
  11. F

Just trying to get to grips with my return pump (new jet 1700) and piping. Should be moving water by the weekend.
  12. F

Cheers, any chance a mod can delete the I'm between posts I made. I couldn't post photos until I reached 5. Apologies for the slight abuse of the post counter.
  13. F

I've been lurking for years, and like I said, all the research and questions about drilling were about 5 years old. Hopefully this may encourage others who were unsure. It's a great site with so much info, thanks for the welcome.
  14. F

Conclusion : the posts I read about this were about 5 years old so this was just an update for anyone who may be considering it. don't be put off, it's pretty straight forward if you take your time, plan thoroughly, and apply light pressure. I'd say it was about 4/10 on a difficulty scale...