Recent content by Disciple882542

1. Disciple882542

WTF happened to my WC water?

Check the 1:38 mark of the Bulk Reef Supply video here: Bulk Reef Supply Calcium Video Notice the discoloration of the solution that has the industrial grade calcium supplement. Think IO may have used a cheaper form of calcium in their reef crystals? I hope not...
  2. Disciple882542

WTF happened to my WC water?

I use reef crystals and have seen this in my mixing tank a few times as well. Bubbly brown film on top of the water as well as my heater formed a few days after mixing. I know it wasn't my water because my RODI tank has no film in it after a couple of weeks of sitting. Some type of...
  3. Disciple882542

What are your laziest habits?

My laziest habit deals with water changes and consistent testing. I test about every two weeks to 1 month...basically whenever the coraline stops growing on the glass. The water for my next water change has been mixed, circulating and heating for the last couple of weeks...just waiting on...
  4. Disciple882542

AquaMedic Ocean Light Pendant?

I've been running 2 250 watt aquamedic oceanlight HQi's for a few years. I've seen no problems with either of them.
  5. Disciple882542

These lights any good?

looks like the aquamedic pendant. The aquamedic ocean light comes with a mag. ballast though.
  6. Disciple882542

Opinions Please !!

In regards to the G-4...I wouldn't worry about a leak here and there since it's an in sump skimmer.
  7. Disciple882542

Pump Question

I currently run a mag 12 in my sump but they are power hogs and run warm. If I was going to purchase again I would go with an ocean runner or maybe a quiet one.
  8. Disciple882542

Changing Metal Halide Bulbs (Geissman Megachrome)

I just found the reeflux 12k for $62.95 with free shipping on ebay. Anyone know if those bulbs will work with my ballast (aquamedic ocean light magnetic ballast and pendant)? Thanks and God bless, Chris
  9. Disciple882542

I need new 250w MH lamps; which to buy?

I'm running the geissman megachrome 12.5 k pricey ($100) but nice
  10. Disciple882542

Tom Aquatics Aqua Lifter

I have one hooked up to my ato, pumping from my resevoir to kalk reactor to sump. Been running it for a couple of years now with no complaints. God bless, Chris
  11. Disciple882542

Changing Metal Halide Bulbs (Geissman Megachrome)

Hey guys. It's time to change bulbs again. I am running two 250 watt HQI's(aquamedic ocean light magnetic ballast and pendant) with 2x110 watt actinic VHO's. I currently have Geissman Megachrome 12.5K bulbs, which I have been very happy with by the way, but am unable to find them at a...
  12. Disciple882542

refillable di media

DI Resin loses its effectiveness when exposed to CO2. Think that's it?
  13. Disciple882542

OT: Gustav

make sure you mount the plywood far enough away from the window so that when the plywood bows it won't break the glass.
  14. Disciple882542

OT: Gustav

Nikki, I live in Central Alabama but my brother is in your neck of the woods...Grand Bay. I really enjoy the Mobile Area.
  15. Disciple882542

OT: Impossible question

bodybuilding?