Recent content by dburkart

1. D

RSM S500 Items - Lights & Skimmer

I am interested in your lights, where in North Jersey are you. I work in Little Falls. Dave
  2. D

Red Sea Max C & E Series Skimmer

Dustinc , I will take it , if still available. Email is dbburkart@gmail,com. Thanks, Dave
  3. D

Steves LEDs Review

Glenn, Try setting the white balance on the camera, that should help with the color. Dave
  4. D

Rs max 650 for sale cheap

Tony, I am interested if it is still available. I am in Dutchess county not far from Katonah. You can reach me at 914-262-7336. Dave
  5. D

What is this ????

No updates, but it has not appeared in the size that it had. Every once in a while I see a small piece an inch or so floating about. I guess it will just be one of those questions that we will find an answer to some day. Dave
  6. D

Any fellow RSM Owners recommend this RO/DI unit?

I have been using the exact system for about 9 months and couldn't be more pleased. Until the TDS reads above 0 on the output you don't not need to change the resin. I make about 25 gals a week. Beats chasing down to the LFS for water changes. Dave
  7. D

What is this ????

I have shown the pic to several people in large LFS and they have opined that it seems to be a sponge as was mentioned earlier in the thread. I thought that Bob may have had something more definitive as well. I will keep shpowing the pic around and see what comes up. Dave
  8. D

What is this ????

I have posted the response from Bob Fenner of Wetwebmedia.com below: To: crew@wetwebmedia.com Subject: Strange Growth I have had the following growth appear in my Red Sea 250 several times in the past few months. My nitrates are under 5ppm ammonia is 0. Growth of corals and livestock...
  9. D

What is this ????

When it is taken out of the tank it just becomes a mass of slime and is completely collapsed. It seems amazing that it could grow from nothing to several feet in a matter of hours, I look forward to reading the links you posted and will report back. Dave
  10. D

What is this ????

It showed up in a matter of hours and was wrapped around the rock. It really has no weight and is somewhat of a tube. Dave
  11. D

What is this ????

The pic on the right looks close. It was not in the tank first thing this morning and it appeared in its full length later in the day. I hope it is not something bad for the tank other than being a pain to remove. Thanks for the ID. Dave
  12. D

What is this ????

Thanks, will do. Dave
  13. D

What is this ????

My wife took a pic of this in the tank today, it was about three feet long and with a consistency of mucuous. Any ideas ? Everything both fish and coral seem to be OK. I do 15 gallon water changes weekly with RODI water and Tropic Marin Reef salt. I have been dosing with Red Sea NO3:PO4:X for...
  14. D

What is this ????

My wife took a pic of this in the tank today, it was about three feet long and with a consistency of mucuous. Any ideas ? Everything both fish and coral seem to be OK. I do 15 gallon water changes weekly with RODI water and Tropic Marin Reef salt. I have been dosing with Red Sea NO3:PO4:X for...
  15. D

Dave's new RSM 250

A few more pics of the Randall's Goby and his sidekick, it is amazing how much sand the shrimp can move..