Recent content by Cassy

1. C

Filter sock in sump question.

I have a sock filter in my 65 gallon reef tank, as said it is meant to take out larger items. I keep 1 in use and 1 that is already cleaned out and dried so when I clean out the one in use once a week there is a new one to put right back in. Once you see what this thing catches you'll be glad...
  2. C

Jedi mind trick

i'll post pics by tomorrow, its a very small frag but the colors are amazing
  3. C

Jedi mind trick

My fiance and I went to the "Reef-a-Palooza" in costa mesa on sunday, SO much fun! We acquired a very small frag of Jedi mind trick. I had no idea what it was when I first saw it but it was so pretty I had to bring it home. So not only did we get $80.00 in free kent products and fish food but we...
  4. C

sea hare in distress..?

... figured it out, its intestines came out through its mouth I have no idea how or why this happend
  5. C

sea hare in distress..?

I recently added a sea hare to my reef tank and about an hour ago i noticed that there is like a light blue tube like thing coming out of its mouth. Has its intestine come out? :dunno: anyone ever heard of this happening?
  6. C

New to forum

welcome :)
  7. C

Hairy caterpillar

take it out, it eats corals
  8. C

Ocean water vs mix

I would like to hear some pros and cons from both sides. I am currently using ocean water in my 65 gallon reef. I'm curious if mix would be "better"
  9. C

Diamand Gobies

I have had my diamond gobie for almost a year now, he has a couple "houses" under the rocks. He does a great job cleaning the sand. I do have to constantly dust off corals from the mess he makes, but its worth it. I did lose him for 3 days when he decided to go over the overflow, but thankfully...
  10. C

sand bed help

Thanks for the advice guys!
  11. C

sand bed help

I have a 65 gallon reef tank with a 3 inch sand bed, I currently have 2 nassarius snails to help stir it all up.. is this sufficient enough?
  12. C

yellow sea cucumber

Thank you so much that is exactly what happend :)
  13. C

yellow sea cucumber

Yeah that's what I figured but the two halves are Sealed shut there's no wound it's strange
  14. C

yellow sea cucumber

My yellow sea cucumber split itself in half.. is this normal/bad?