Diamand Gobies

Kovu

I was wondering if anybody had information about these guys I have been doing research and only get very generic information about these.

I did have one for about 2 weeks then he jumped out of the tank and became a doggie treat one night/morning. If you get one be sure you have a proper fitting lid or cover for the tank. They will find the smallest holes and get out. I had eggcrate covering mine and the lil guy still got out.
I purchased him because my sand needed cleaning and he did a great job at keeping it cleaned up. I have read that some people will return them because they stir up too much sand in the tank, but I never had a problem with that.

fellers

I put one in my tank a week ago and he made a cave or burrowed in the sand and made a total mess in my tank. I have not seen him yet. I cant even entice him out with food. Is this normal or is he dead. I tested for amonia and it looked to be 0

Have one for four months now. He has tripled in size and eats like a pig.

From day one he would sift or dig all day long and go into a hole at night.

First light and off to work he goes. Which includes, Excavate under every rock, gather all my snails and throw them in a hole, stack all the little pieces of rock and bury the clam or anything else on the sand that can't be moved.

But my sand is always white :woohoo: .

1Reefer

He may still show himself fellers, when I added my leapord wrasse I saw him that whole day (the day I added him) and even watched him bury himself in the sand when my liights wenr out that evening. But didn't see him for about a week after adding him. I thought he was gone for sure, but yay! He's here lol I hate losing fish so I'm glad he's still around.

Cassy

I have had my diamond gobie for almost a year now, he has a couple "houses" under the rocks. He does a great job cleaning the sand. I do have to constantly dust off corals from the mess he makes, but its worth it. I did lose him for 3 days when he decided to go over the overflow, but thankfully he survived and is doing very well in my tank.