Recent content by beachbabies

1. B

anybody out there in northern Cali?

Hi guys, my hubby got offered a job in Red Wood City CA, and We're sreiously considering. Can anyone offer any insight as to schools (we have a 2 y/o and an 8 y/o) safe, family orientated neighborhoods... We'd be looking to rent a 3/4 bedroom preferrably w/ a yard, no pets, just tanks, maybe a...
  2. B

65g Water Storage Container

we might be moving out there, give me 6 weeks! lol! i don't really expect u to hold it for me, but if u don't sell it, don't throw it away!!!!! seriuosly, I'll know in 2 weeks if we're moving, and we'll need to cross an ocean w/ kids to do it so i need a little bit of time, but don't throw it away!
  3. B

For Sale Marine zooplankton!

Sorry it took ALOT longer than I thought to get things back under control. so, so, so, so, soooooooooooo sorry to keep all you guys hanging! Thanks so much for all the kind words!!!! Life has been ridiculous! with 2 small kids of my own, and having to take care of grammy b/c my father and his...
  4. B

hi guys sorry i didn't make it to the post office on monday. sooooo sorry to be a flake, my grammy is in a nursing home and she fell down, it's bad. so life has been on hold. i've been at the hospital most of the time, she doesn't remember anything, so someone has to be there all the time b/c...
  5. B

ok guys, pm me your adddys.
  6. B

I collect zooplankton on the weekends, I sell them in 16 oz water bottles, not too sure on the ppm, but it's a good density, perfect for seeding/restocking your fuge, or feeding directly to your tank. There's a large mix of stuff, copepods, rotifers, shrimp naups, amphipods, and larval crabs...
  7. B

Help, LS browning

I got the chiller fixed, but now i think i need a better heater, I'm using one of those hob type, which is what blew my chiller out in the first place, just a matter of time before it happens again. any suggestions on a submersibe heater? I added 2 Korallia nannos to blow across the sand...
  8. B

Help, LS browning

hi guys, i had a great looking tank with pretty colored live stock. I was using a T5 fixture, then someone offered me a MH/T5 combo to trade for my T5s. I said OK, and did a 2.5 month acclimation to the MH. The tank has been under the MH for about 3 weeks and since then everything has started...
  9. B

Looking to sell everything

can you ship the cuc?
  10. B

New to Seahorses.. Question

i use biobandage on open sores, i try to do it 3-4 times a week. I also feed medicated brine, i have 2 kinds of medicated fish food, 1 for viral, and 1 for bacterial. i drop in a few pellets and let the brine sit in it for a few hours, then i feed the medicated brine to the horses.
  11. B

how do i remove a nem from glass?

after we had removed the rock and the sand, and started draining the tank, it started to detach it self. so we stopped and watched, and it completely detached and started moving around. it was pretty neat.
  12. B

ok, got it off the glass, now this monster is in my tank. it's alot bigger now that it spread out. a little too big... anybody want a bubble tip anemone? I'm not one of those people to buy stuff w/o planning, if i didn't pick this guy up, he would still be in the tank and sitting on the side...
  13. B

hi guys, i'm inheriting a tank w/ a nem on the glass, i think its a bubble tip, not sure though, how do i remove it w/o hurting it? i can't keep it in the tank. help please!
  14. B

Free Pom Pom...

ok, no luck sticking them to the glass, glued a small one to my finger, though. i ended up gluing them onto a rock . i'll let them recover there and try to move them later. All the pompoms fell off. and the stalks are looking withered. I've got my fingers crossed! I don't want to post...
  15. B

Free Pom Pom...

okie dokie! i'll do it tonight and let you know how it goes!