My little reef...

Rogerh

Hmm, got up this morning and discovered the left overs from one of my blue legged hermits, draged almoust into the cave where my little pistol shrimp is living... the shell where laying about 15 cm outside, and the claw from the hermit somewhere in between. Looked like he has been pulled towards the cave opening. Now the hermits body is laying in the opening...

If it is the pistolshrimp that is the killer here, I must say he is strong, because that was one big hermit:) and the pistol is super tiny, but I guess he knocked him out with one of his snaps with the big claw...
Somedays ago, I also found a dead crab. So there is a killer somewhere in my tank, as long it doesn`t kill fish I`m happy, but it could be expensive if he starts killing my cuc.

Well well, I will watch closely in the future and maybe i`m forced to take the pistol shrimp out.

As for the rest of the tank, i am batteling a little algae bloom again, green hair algae. I think it was my moving of some of the rocks that made it come back. But only after a few days, and a water change on friday, it looks better allready:)

Max250

Well do watch carefully. I've had to remove all my live rock because of hitchhikers. I didn't mind them until they started eating all my corals.

Rogerh

Wow!! long time no see...

About time for a small update:)

Things are looking good, really nice to see the corals getting bigger and bigger... I need a bigger tank, hehe...
Installed a Vortech MP10 a while ago, and what can I say... what a difference, so happy about that:)
Here are some pictures.

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

catran

Nice tank and pics. Be careful searching around in there. Wear gloves when moving stuff around. You could get stung by a nasty worm or something!

Rogerh

Thanks, Jepp I sure do now.... I have already learned the hard way, hehe...
Nice tank and pics. Be careful searching around in there. Wear gloves when moving stuff around. You could get stung by a nasty worm or something!

Rogerh

Thanks Terry:)

I`m quite happy with the results so far. The tank is now close to nine months old. I feel I have really taken things slow, and did alot of reading before introducing anything new to my tank. And now I have super steady water parameters, and corals and fishes are growing and are happy:)
My most recent coral is a frogspawn coral, that where quite small, and now I`m looking for more zoas, and maybe a clam.

The tank looks fantastic!

Rogerh

Well, so it hapened to me aswell:( Came home yesterday, and as usuall had a look in the tank, then I discovered some small bugs on the glass.... Did a quick google search and It looks like I have some kind of flatworms. They are brown, and not that many yet. So now I will do no feeding over this weekend, and see if my Sixline Wrasse lives up to his rumour:)

I will watch the tank closely, and I hope this doesent destroy my little reef.

Here is a pic that i found on the web, it looks exatly like mine.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/hixphotobucket/critters/942305f5.jpg

Does anybode here have experience with these, if so please chare.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No experience here with flatworms, but I think some others have and can give some advice. Hopefully the Sixline will deal with them. There are also treatments available if they get too bad:

Flatworm Exit