**Neptune AquaController**

BarbMazz

Barb, you've got to change the Timer Name in the ACjr for the moonlight to MON-B01. The toggle switches on the DC8 are right.

Yep, I did the MON name change. We'll see tonight if it works, but it should!

Another question; I have Koralia 3 ph's, and I have them set to the oscillate/random pattern. When they start up they are making noise.. it stops once they get going but this concerns me. Are there any controllable powerheads that can be used with the ACjr?

The new Koralia's that are controllable say "only to be used with Koralia Wavemaker"... is that true or only for their marketing?

I was thinking about getting the serial controller, but my PC is not within 10 feet of the controller. Has anyone found a creative solution short of buying another pc?

I'm looking into the ACJr w/ serial port. For the non laptop guys...couldn't you just take the controller to the computer instead of the computer to the controller?

God bless,
Chris

thelastmucci

That's a good point Chris. I also had a few questions since I'm going to buy the AC Jr. One is do you need a line out jack near it, (I only have one line out jack in my bedroom) Two is has anyone purchases that two plug box that is for high output things (ie like lights) if so can you still use it with the timers on the DC 8

CMG

Line out box? You mean a telephone line jack? You dont need one if you are using the power strips they give you called DC8 and DC4. I dont know about the X10 thingy's, those are complicated and dont seem to work well based on others posts.

I have the DC4, the phone cable goes between the DC4 and the Control Interface, it doesnt go in the wall so you dont need a phone jack in the wall.

Hope that helps.

Octoman

I'm looking into the ACJr w/ serial port. For the non laptop guys...couldn't you just take the controller to the computer instead of the computer to the controller?

God bless,
Chris

Disconnecting the power will clear the data logs but it will retain the programming. So, you can program it wherever and plug it back in, but if you unplug it, the data logs are gone.

Here's what I did to go wireless...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...less-aquacontroller-jr-serial-connection.html

CMG

Ok so first my temp probe was way off and now I am noticing that everyday the time keeps getting worse and worse. Its like the clock on the controller isnt keeping up with real time. It is 9:27pm on the controller and 9:32pm for real! And I just fixed it this morning!

Do you think I should contact the company? I think I got a lemon or something. The controllers are working just fine, the fans come on and off, lighting etc., its just the clock and the temp probe. Or maybe the temp probe is working fine and it is just displaying the wrong number?!

CMG

So I am an idiot, there is a function on the controller called leap second and it allows the user to adjust for the clocks losing or gaining time. You just punch in seonds gained or lost in a day and it compensates.

BarbMazz

So I am an idiot, there is a function on the controller called leap second and it allows the user to adjust for the clocks losing or gaining time. You just punch in seonds gained or lost in a day and it compensates.

Well this is good to know! I noticed my clock was a bit slow yesterday and was scratching my noggin about it.

CMG

Well this is good to know! I noticed my clock was a bit slow yesterday and was scratching my noggin about it.

Good, glad I could help. The leap second thing confuses me because my clock is off my about 6 minutes every 24 hours so 6minutes x 60 seconds per minute = 360seconds that need to be added on the leap second function, but the fundtion only goes up to 300 seconds. So I assumed it goes by 12 hour periods not 24 so I broke mine in half and did 3 minutes x 60 seconds and got 180 additional seconds needed. Hopefully this works because if the leap seconds function only goes up to 300 seconds that means you can only adjust for a 5 minute error because 5 minutes x 60 seconds = 300 second maximum. So if your clock is wrong by 6 minutes I guess your screwed?

Octoman

CMG, I'm pretty sure that is a per day (24hr) adjustment. You should contact Neptune (408) 578-3022 . I haven't entered any leap seconds and mine is still close to where I set it a couple months ago.

CMG

I think before I call them again I will see how off it is today when I get home from work. If its not off then I was right, if its off I will need to figure it out and maybe call them again. Me and all my problems....

chunky

The leap second feature is not just a 24 hour adjustment. You figure out how many seconds your' clock is off after 24 hours and put that amount in. That will adjust the amount of time the controller thinks 24 hours is. Mine was way off when I got it. Something like three minutes fast. Now it runs great! Hope this helps.

Anselth

OK, I have a question. Been running an ACjr on my 50/70with no problems. Got the ACIII for my 110 so I can run additional outlets. My problem is, I have tried to set up my controller to shut down the halides if the tank gets too warm, then power up once it cools to a certain point. However, the controller seems to be intent on overriding the time set, turning on the metal halides after the lights are supposed to be off for the night. How do I prioritize the on/off so it will only operate the lights if they're supposed to be on for the day?

Octoman

I think you only need the "off at xx temp" program. The timer program should automatically kick back in when the tank drops back below the temp.

Wow. GREAT thread! I just spent an hour reading all of it. I think you guys have just indirectly convinced me to spend a bunch of $$$ while my wife is out of town. It would be so nice to get rid of timers...

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wow. GREAT thread! I just spent an hour reading all of it. I think you guys have just indirectly convinced me to spend a bunch of $$$ while my wife is out of town. It would be so nice to get rid of timers...

LOL!

I'll never be without a controller again. They 'walk the dog' IMO. Even if they did nothing but control the heater & fans, I would gladly pay the $$!
I even have a ReefKeeper 2 on my hospital/QT.
I'm addicted to simplicity!! :D

Techno-Vicki

One of these days. For now I am stuck with a simple Medussa controlling the Fan. At least the tank stays nice and cool. I have to walk the rest of the 'dogs':D