September '07 Photo Contest Entry~

prow

If that is a sun you can get them to open when the lights are on. I feed mine when the lights are on, I began teasing the little thing with smelly stuff to make him take a little peek and then he got a taste one day and found out he gets to eat when the lights are on and he now stays open quite a bit. Is open most of the time, in fact.
ditto

prow

ok i want to play too. here is my entry.
close.jpg

Last edited:

caitrina

This contest is getting tougher by the photo! :lol: Prow, your photo is quite eerie the way some of the little polyps just seem to light up here and there. Very interesting, indeed.

prow

thanks, just edited it. made it a little smaller. not sure if that makes a difference. should i load it in the contest with the bigger size or the one thats there?

would a pic like this one count as a mac shot?
fsda.jpg

caitrina

Hmmmm, that is a tough call, they are both good, I think the closer one makes it lose some of its eeriness, yet it has other good points too, looks more conglomerated. The first one just has more of an eerie glow....other opinions?

tbittner

If that is a sun you can get them to open when the lights are on. I feed mine when the lights are on, I began teasing the little thing with smelly stuff to make him take a little peek and then he got a taste one day and found out he gets to eat when the lights are on and he now stays open quite a bit. Is open most of the time, in fact.

I had heard about this before but I'm just a little concerned for it's safety. I figured it was opening up after the lights go out to protect itself. I have it in a shady area but my lights are very bright.

caitrina

So as not to highjack this thread with my opinion I am beginning a thread, you will know it when you see it.

caitrina

Wow, amazing how these beautiful animals turn so vicious...

prow I think I still like the first one ...waiting for others to chime in here and no one is co-operating...

prow

well caitrina, being that your the only one that said anything about mine, i will go with your likes:)

changed the frist one back.

hey wait it can fish right?
what about this one.
Picture_02mmm01.jpg

still not sure what to enter so many possibilities.

goldenmean

Prow - I too like your first pic even over the kewl pic of the mandarin.

Raf - definately the sun coral!

Snappy

thanks, just edited it. made it a little smaller. not sure if that makes a difference. should i load it in the contest with the bigger size or the one thats there?

would a pic like this one count as a mac shot?
fsda.jpg

It can count if you send me of frag of that bad boy. Sweet piece, great polyp extension.:bugout: